Chapter 3

Sentenced To Eternity

Chapter 3

Alise's Point of View

White. That's all I could see. White.  The throne room place was totally gone and replaced by the eerie whiteness.  I couldn't really describe the feeling, it wasn't like a dream, and. . . it didn't feel like Heaven either. All around me, all I could see, was white.  My eyes felt broken. What happened? I began to feel panicked, the Messenger was gone, everything was gone. Will I be stuck here forever? The horrible thought made me shiver. I just couldn't stand that thought. . .  Being stuck, here between life and death, forever.

Suddenly I felt something. Wind. But from where? My hair slowly blew back as the cold breeze filled the air. It felt good.

Then, I saw something. A huge desk with a big man sitting in a big chair, but I could just make out his distinct outline. It was like he was part of a dream.

I heard talking and then suddenly the soft breeze became a hard wind, pounding my cheeks. I felt my body push forward, everything became louder, everything came into focus.

Then I landed. Right in a wooden chair. The sudden feeling of gravity and wood, surprised me so much that I tipped backwards and toppled over.

I looked up, to see a bunch of bald people.

Some where wearing hats, but most were bald. But wait, I looked closer to see little bits of hair. Most everyone had some, some of it was wavy and some was curly, though they all only had a little on their heads.

And weirdest of all, they were all wearing white robes.

They all stared at me with blank yet serious looks.

Up front was a big guy, sitting at a huge desk, with a mallet. This was Court, but the weirdest one I had ever seen!

I stood up nervously.

"Uh. . . hi," I said stupidly.

The big man up front cocked his head, studying me.

"You must stop paying attention to how we look, and pay more attention to your predicament!" he boomed, his voice sounded low and hollow like a drum.

Man, it really sucks how these guys can read minds.

"Yes, it sucks for you, but not for us," he said sternly. I gulped.

"Um, I was sent here to-"

"Before you explain more, I sense you are burning with curiosity about why we look the way we do. Now, before you explode with curiosity I shall tell you," he said, his eyes wide. The entire room stared at me, their eyes burning through me.  Sorting and searching through my mind.  Disrupting the only place I ever thought no one could break into.

I nodded in understanding.

"You see, we are what you would call. . . reborn.  We have to accept each other for who we really are, who we have always been. For example, when you were born did you have a full head of hair? No, you didn't. Did you have a dress or tuxedo? No, you were naked. We of course have robes, but we still have to manage to accept our true being given to us from God." He finished and leaned back in his seat. I stared at him wide eyed, suddenly understanding.

So, all these guys are like gigantic human babies? I thought to myself.  The thought was so disturbing it scared me. I wished he hadn't told me that. . .

Uh oh, shouldn't have thought that. . .

I realized that the whole Court room had heard my rude thought loud and clear and obviously took offense to it. They all stared at me, anger in their eyes.

Oh man, I'm doomed to Hell.  Literally.

There was a moment of silence. Then, the whole court room burst out laughing.

~~~~~

I stared at them all, hopelessly confused.

"What? What?" I questioned.

"Oh, relax, that was just a test, sort of like an internal lie detector" The big man said laughing.

"Then what about all the white and- and-....." I had a blank confused look on my face.

"Oh, that part was real, you see we really are right smack in the middle of heaven and hell, so it took you a minute to get here" A lady to my right explained.

"Shh! Quiet Rosy!" The big man yelled. Rosy sunk back into her seat, embarrassed.

"Well, what now?" I asked, trying to change the subject. All eyes turned to the judge as he narrowed his eyes in thought.

"We will continue this tomorrow, court dismissed." He said sternly.

"But wait! What will happen to me over night-" I asked. But to late, the lights shut off, and I was left in complete darkness.

~Alli

~Edited by Kc