|9|File: Morgan Newly. Case: Abuse.

Chapter nine.

I woke up early and put on a one piece bathing suit with a sundress over it and flip flops. I put my hair in a loose bun and put on a little bit of eyeliner and mascara. I figured any base would just wipe off in the water, but I put a little bit anyways.

I grabbed my beach bag, that had sun lotion, sunglasses, four towels (one to lay on and one to dry off with for both Mason and I), and some snacks.

Mason had texted me that he was here and I rushed out the door to his car.

I told my mom the night before where I was going.

When I got in his cute sports car, he smiled.

"Do you want something to eat first?" He asked. My stomach growled and he chuckled. "Guess so."

We went to Waffle House, and I got an omelet and a hash brown. He got waffles and bacon.

We ate and talked.

The waitress came back to see if there was anything else we wanted and took her pen out of her curly hair. She smacked on her gum and grabbed her notepad. "Anything else for ya kids?" She asked with a country accent. Mason looked at me and I shook my head no.

"Just the check please." He asked.

She nodded and stuck the pen back in her hair. We walked up to the cash register and Mason pulled out his wallet. I already knew by now not to mess with Mason.

He never let me pay. We would endlessly fight about it. So I just kept my mouth shut.

"Oh, ya'll are such a cute couple by the way." She said with her twang.

I started choking on my piece of gum.

Mason clapped on my upper back, barely missing my bruise.

"Oh no, were not a couple. I have a boyfriend." I said after recovering.

"Oh. Well you won't be just friends for long." She suggested with a wink.

Mason paid and then we went back to his car.

We tried to get rid of the awkwardness and listen to some music we sang together, laughing the whole time.

When we got to the beach, we got out and he carried my bag for me.

We picked a spot and he stripped down to his swimming trunks.

I pulled off my sundress. And started rubbing sun lotion on my arms and legs.

"Will you rub some on my back?" I asked Mason. He nodded and started rubbing it on my back.

He started massaging it in, making me relax.

His elbow slipped and he hit the bruise on my back.

I yelped and he jerked away. "What Morgan?" He asked concerned.

"Oh um, I bit my tongue." I lied. If he knew about the bruise, he would freak and attack Michael.

"Oh. I thought I hurt you or something." He said and hugged me lovingly.

I pulled away after a few seconds, blushing. Oh crap, did Mason just make me blush?

"Let's hit the water!" I exclaimed.

We raced to the water and when we got there he picked me up and threw me in.

I came up to the surface laughing and splashed water at him. He splashed water back at me and I tackled him into the water.

We both came up and we were so close that I could feel his breath on my face.

We both started to lean in and all of a sudden I stepped on a shell.

I jumped back and examined my foot. A tiny cut was on the bottom.

"You better be careful. A shark might get you." He teased with a wink.

I laughed and stared at him. Oh shit, I almost kissed Mason.

I tried to ignore whether or not I wanted to kiss him.

Ugh I have a boyfriend!

We played around in the water and then went back to our stuff. We ate the sandwiches, pickles, sodas, and chips that I had packed.

Afterwards we both dried off and put our clothes on. When we both decided it was getting late, we started walking to the car. Mason bumped his hand into mine and slowly grabbed it.

I was telling myself to let it go. You have a boyfriend! My mind screamed at me. But I didn't let go.

He suddenly stopped us and turned me to him.

"Morgan I-" He paused.

"What?" I asked.

"I- never mind." He let go of my hand and hugged me. Then took off to the car.

I got into the passenger seat and turned on the music. He drove me home in a comfortable silence.

He stopped in front of my house and I thanked him. He smiled and walked me to the door.

I kissed his cheek and he blushed. I laughed at his reaction and went inside. I leaned against the door and sighed.

"Morgan?" I turned and saw Tommy and Nate eating popcorn and watching horror movies.

"Oh! Hi." I said, embarrassed. I went and sat on the sofa.

"Where were you?" Tommy asked.

Oh crap, they don't know that Mason isn't allowed to hang out with me anymore. If they knew where I was, they might mention it in front of Michael. I can't tell them that Michael isn't allowing me to speak to Mason or they would freak!

"The beach." I said quickly. I ran into the kitchen before they could ask me anymore questions.

I grabbed some ice-cream and put it into a bowl and when I turned around to put it back into the freezer, Nate was right in front of me.

"Hey Morgan." He said lowly.

"H-hi." I stuttered.

"I was wondering. Do you want to go to a movie tonight?" He asked me.

I sighed.

"No. I have a boyfriend."

"Then maybe we could go as friends?" I shook my head no and left him in the kitchen.

I love Michael and he hasn't been hitting me lately. Then there's Nate. He just came back into my life and wants me. Then there's Mason. Mason.... We almost kissed, and he made me blush so much I was like a tomato.

Yikes, I better stop this before it turns into a love triangle.

So why can't I stop it?

ONE NEW TEXT!

From: Mason.

I had a great time at the beach. Hope we can have another great day together soon...

I sighed. I'm an epic fail.

_________________________

Okay so i'm a little late. Haha. But better late than never! What do you think of this chapter. Just wait a few more chapters and things will get dramatic again. I went on my first job shadow today. It was fun. Yikes I don't want to goto school tomorow!

But anyways!

1.What did you think of this chapter?

2.Do you think Michael will find out about her little trip with Mason?

3.Who do you think will end up with who?

4.Who is your favorite character?

5.That creepy evil dude off of the incredibles looks oddly similar to Mr.Wagner, my old math teacher.

6.How do you think Tommy would feel if she started dating Nate?

7.What other relationships do you think are forming?

8.blahblahblah any question suggestions?