Chapter 16

I thank this paper for again publishing my work.

Those corrupt officials in Seba attempted to frighten, threaten, and subdue me, so I've fled. They found me in Ceria, sent slave assassins to finish me. But they failed. My heart yet beats and thus, I will fight them.

I ask you to do the same.

Seban society is that of higher morality, or it is supposed to be. We were content with an oligarchy because we thought that our rulers had our well being in mind. It has become increasingly evident that they have only their interests at heart. We now must question when it began.

We've all been taught Seban history from a very early age. Two bloodlines have been idolized since the beginning. Care to venture a guess who they were? The bloodlines of the Yoski and the royal families have always held power. Through generations, they have maintained this power by appeasing the people and keeping their actions secret. Each of those generations has been taught our morality and has blindly followed the laws set forth by our leaders on the assumption that our leaders were also doing so. Our histories are peaceful because of this, but our peace is based on the misleadings of our elite. So how much of our history can really be accurate?

The more time that I have spent apart from Seban society, the more I have learned about the truth.

Ceria happens to be one of most rebellious countries that exist. I did not know this when I came here, but it has turned to my favor. Perhaps I am again hearing a skewed version of history, but this is theirs.

Some 200 years is all that it's been since Seba was founded, there are families in Ceria who have been passing histories by tongue, which is necessitated since Seba burned all of their books.

They tell the story in this way: Once, many nations lived in harmony, they traded goods, ideas, and cultures until the largest of the countries was dissatisfied with protecting the others from what few nations opposed this harmony. That country was then known as Abrela at the time. They disbanded from others and created a power vacuum that ushered more foreboding governments into power. Conflict arose between those dictatorial governments and their people that lasted for decades. Thousands died and Abrela did nothing. It was not until they were attacked that Abrela took action, sending hundreds of thousands of its own men to their deaths. They had been dormant for too long, and they were outmatched. Now, Abrela's former allies refused them, thus the war waged for decades further until near half a century later Abrela made a breakthrough.

A scientist had been testing on prisoners of war and discovered a way to splice technology with DNA that gave the individual extraordinary abilities, primarily those of enhanced healing capabilities. Abrela armed its forces with this discovery and they became something that the world had never seen. An army of men who feared neither pain or death because the pain was extraneous and there was very little that they could not heal - they were an army that could not be defeated. Thus, they forced the world into submission with their newfound power and again turned their backs on those who had once been their allies.

A generation passed, super-soldiers policed the world and continued exploration beyond where any nation had dared venture before. One such exploration was on a piece of raised land off the coast of Ceria, that was inhabited by the vilest creatures that existed on our planet. Again, it was not difficult for the Abrelan force to overpower the land. There they found land that would not farm, nor would it sustain animal life but those that had evolved for the temperate environment - those that they had eradicated. They left this land, uninterested in what it had to offer.

Some years later two Abrelan soldiers returned to this place and saw the perfect place for a higher society to exist. There, they formulated a plan. They would screen the Abrelan people, find the most deserving 200, and bring them to live here, as a part of a new society that would rule the world.

Every member of Abrelan society took their test, every one of them wanted to be a part of this higher, genetically modified to be further evolved society. The soldiers made their choices, half men, and half women, some already mated, then overpowered the remaining army. They eradicated modification in any that were not of their own and left the population, not mostly consisting of women and children, to fend for itself. It did not take long for what was left of Abrela to die, and the members of this new society took on a new name: Seba.

This new population was first modified, then the people used their advantages to exploit the rest of the world into building them lavish houses, planting their green grasses and pruning what trees grew, before disposing of the workers to demonstrate their power.

The society was well settled when the people grew restless. The two soldiers met and devised a solution. One of them would become the king of this new society, the other would play a far more important role. He would provide the people with an entertainment that had not been seen in the world since a more primal age: slaves.

Together, these two men were able to subdue the people and the world along with them into a new way of life. Two generations later, the families of these men had more power than ever anticipated, and there was not an individual in the world who had experienced the old world.

The argument can be made that in the beginning, it may not have been manipulation. But ultimately there is no question that the creation of this higher society has been nothing else.

Despite all of the deceit, there is truth to the higher morality of Seban society. The people of this society were unaware of the subliminal manipulation and really believed what the children have been taught for generations. It is a part of Seban culture that cannot be denied. How then, are we to return Seban society to what it once was, or what it may have once been meant to be?

Those in Ceria believe that the answer is simple. There must be a change in regime, Seba must be ruled by those who have not been raised to believe that they are above morality.

The royal family will send more attackers after me, of this I am sure. But I will continue to fight them to my last breath.

Will you?

Source: Anonymous