Chapter 09: It Keeps No Record of Wrongs.

Mistakes can't be taken back after they are made, and they cannot truly be corrected either. But I realised, love—true love doesn't keep a tally of wrongdoings of others until everything is paid for. While it's up to you if you want to forget, love genuinely forgives the unforgiveable. It tirelessly endures the unbearable.

"—Lady Furina, forgive me for not mincing words, but this plan of yours is something beyond ludicrous." Neuvillette firmly denied, exactly three days ago before the start of your 'trial'. "For instance, I do not wish to make the same mistakes twice—nor do I intend to."

"First of all, why are you back calling me a lady?" The former Archon frowned, crossing her arms. "Second, how dare you call my brilliant plan foolish? Let me explain first before you burst a bubble, will you?"

"I beg to differ," he ignored her first question, his gaze narrowing dangerously at her. "You want me to facilitate a trial over a personal matter so delicate and sensitive to [Name]? Miss Furina, I may not be attuned to human emotions and their complexities as you are, but I am not so indifferent and insensitive to the point that I would not learn from the mistakes I did a few months ago—even if my actions came with good intentions."

"It will only look like a trial at face value, but it wouldn't really be a trial!" Furina insisted, pursing her lips. "You won't judge either [Name] or Kaveh, you know. You'll just let them talk to each other, let them explain their sides to each other as calmly and honestly as possible, and you'll only interfere if you deem it dangerous enough for them to continue."

"Even so, Miss [Name] and Mister Kaveh's feelings do not deserve to be put on a trial like that, whether it's a faux or not. Thus, I refused to take part in this and I must dissuade you from doing so."

"Listen, Neuvillette, I know you have your own…reservations." Furina's eyes swirled with unsaid emotions that made his shoulders tense. "And I, of all people, know how it feels to be standing there as if the whole world was judging me, against me, that no one will ever believe whatever I say—archons, I really do."

"Then, I do not understand why you are suggesting this." He heaved out a sigh. If she knew, as your friend, that this could hurt you so, why proposed it in the first place?

"[Name] refused to leave her room for three days already." Furina bit her lip anxiously. "Tighnari said she's always like that—withdrawing and reclusive—whenever she's upset or guilty over something. And although she still eats her meals on time and appears completely fine, Cyno said that it's best if we don't leave her be..."

Neuvillette sharply sensed that there's more to the story than what Furina was telling him. "That's certainly true. But we do not need a trial for this. We can just arrange both [Name] and Mister Kaveh to talk privately and normally."

"And you think Kaveh didn't try talking to her?" She frowned. "He tried. You tried. We all tried. And even if she insist everything's alright, that she only needed time to think, she could be spending all her three days painting inside her room for all we know!"

"That is her passion. I do not see the reason why that is an issue." 

Furina's eyes widened, jaw slacking a bit, as if someone poured a bucket full of ice over her whole body. "...you didn't…? So, she's not…? No wonder, you…on Sundays…"

The former Hydro Archon began muttering something under her breath, her two-coloured eyes darting back and forth anxiously. Even with his beyond normal hearing, he can't make sense of what she's saying at all.