Chapter 04: It Does Not Boast.

“Love does not brag, Monsieur. It's supposed to be big-hearted, not big-headed. A loving person knows that they shouldn't parade and boast what they have to others.”

The story of the opera Miss Furina was directing is, quite frankly, an interesting one.

It was about a young woman from abroad who journeys to the Court of Fontaine in an attempt to heal her broken heart, to find a fresh start without the constant reminder of rejection and painful memories. Despite losing her first love, however, the woman remains optimistic and hopeful that one day, she'll find the truest love that she's been waiting for.

She then met a famous nobleman who hailed from the Nation of Justice. It was of no surprise that the two had fallen in love, and the nobleman had even helped the woman to move on from her heart break, and waited patiently till she's ready to love him as much as he loved her. 

After overcoming political tribulations and romantic temptations along their way, the two eventually had their happy ending.

(Neuvillette had anticipated the end, to be perfectly honest. Miss Furina is not fond of tragedies, after all. The overall journey, however, is a welcome surprise.)

"That was so awesome as always, guys!" You exclaimed happily, leaping out of your seat immediately as soon as the actors gracefully bowed on the stage, marking the end of their performance.

He trailed behind you, putting a fair and polite distance from the crowd with a small, satisfied smile on his lips.

The others gave you a grin and a pat on the back before excusing themselves to take a break until there's only Furina and two actors left.

"[Name]! I didn't know you would come again!" The woman playing as the protagonist lit up, hugging you tight which you immediately reciprocated.

"Of course, I would not dare to miss the rehearsals when it's just a week before the final performance!"

"We know you wouldn't." The man who played as the male lead said in amusement, glancing at him curiously. "What we didn't know is you bringing your boyfriend along with you."

"What?!" You spluttered in shock, before recovering quickly when he cleared his throat. "He's not my boyfriend, you dunce. He's a friend!"

"Details, details." Furina interjected, snickering when he flinched at her sudden presence. "Keep telling yourself that, [Name]."

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

Furina ignored you and turned to him with a mischievous grin. "So, how do you like it? I'm the one who wrote the script, so you better not make mistakes in criticising me."

Neuvillette forced back his calm expression. "It is as wonderful as Miss [Name] said, Miss Furina. I'm frankly anticipating the final performance in the Opera Epicles soon."

"Why does his voice sound so familiar?" The man muttered to himself, making him tense, before he shrugged. "Please, do come! And oh, where are my manners? I'm Arthur, by the way. I usually played supporting roles in our troupe, but this opportunity to be a protagonist is also a welcome surprise."

"And my name's Komala, good sir. Pleasure to make your acquaintance." The woman smiled politely. "Like [Name], I also hailed from Sumeru."

"The pleasure is all mine." Neuvillette gracefully shook their hands. "My name is N—"

"His name is Letty!" 

His eyes widened a fraction as Furina doubled over in her hysterical laughter when you shouted that. He turned to you in abject incredulousness.