Niall's birthday

Harry woke up with his sheets tangled around his body on the morning of Niall's birthday. The only thing in his mind was the last thing Zayn had reminded him the night before: as soon as you wake up, come to our room without making any noise.

Harry lifted the sheets from his body, feeling proud when he realized he was actually dry. He walked slowly, trying not to make any noise, and looking back to Niall's bed after every step to double check the boy was still sleeping. When he was finally out of the room, he ran to his fathers' and jumped on the bed. Louis was already there, since he'd woken up minutes before Harry.

"Hi Harry! Good morning!" Zayn said, lifting the boy off the floor and placing him on his lap. "Do you want me to put your hair back?" He asked, seeing as the boy had his hair all over his face. They'd proposed a haircut, but Harry nearly had a fit just at the word.

"Yes please" Harry said, with a smile.

"Such good manners" Zayn praised him, as he made a messy bun with Harry's hair.

"Are we ready?" Liam asked. The other three nodded, so they walked to the kitchen and took out the big chocolate cake, with the characters of Finding Nemo drawn on it. Liam also got three little candles, and a matcher. Zayn showed up with Niall's present under his arm, wrapped in a colorful paper.

"Okay, it's very important that you stay quiet. We want to surprise him!" Zayn reminded the kids. They were so excited about Niall's birthday, they probably wouldn't be able to keep themselves from squealing.

"Alright, let's go" Liam said, leading the way.

They opened Niall's door slowly, and went to the kid's side. The now three-year-old was asleep on his tummy, with bus bunny tucked under one arm and his dummy on his mouth. He looked so peaceful and cute.

Zayn opened the curtains a little, so the boy could see what was going on, and Liam light up the candles. Meanwhile, Louis and Harry tried their best not to scream in excitement.

"One, two thee" Liam whispered.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you..." they sang, in a soft voice. Niall woke up slowly, opening and closing his eyes, not really aware of the situation. Suddenly he turned around and sat on the bed, looking around. A smile slowly appeared on his face, making him drop the dummy to the bed.

"... happy birthday to you!" They finished singing. Niall clapped along with them, now awake and happy.

"You gotta blow the candles, baby" Liam said. Niall managed to do it at the third try.

"Well, how old are you now?" Zayn asked. Niall looked at his hand, making sure he was showing the right number of fingers, and then showed his fathers.

"I'm free!" He said, making everyone chuckle.

"Yes you are! My big boy!" Liam said, hugging the proud boy.

"Want cake now, pwease!" He stated, looking at the colorful chocolate cake in front of him.

"Let's open the present first" Zayn said, looking at the big box he had under his arm.

"Yes! I wanna! Pwease!" The little boy changed his mind. Harry and Louis jumped on the bed as Niall was given the package. He slowly started to unwrap it, refusing any help from his brothers.

"What is it, love?" Liam asked, even though he already knew.