Sunglasses

(Emilie)

   "Lanna! You have been standing there for five minutes, what are you doing?" I called to my crazed best friend. She looked up and smiled. "Watching the fishies Milie! They're so pretty." I shook my head at her laughing. Grabbing her hand I dragged her away from the pet shop, and into the grocery store. 

  "I don't know why you dragged me here a eleven in the morning just so you could get some candy. Me gusta sleep, and I look horrendous," she ranted. I shook my head and rolled my eyes at her. Ellanna, or Lanna as I called her, loved her sleep. She would sleep all day if you let her, but I hadn't. I had dragged her from her bed and given her ten minutes to be ready. She was wearing a gray hoodie with the words 'Life.' and 'Unicorns.' written on it, and blue skinny jeans with rips on the front and her ever faithful sparkly black Ugg boots. Lanna's black curly hair was thrown up in a messy pontail with hair falling into her face. She had no make up on and her eyes had dark circles under them. I knew she never went to sleep at a decent time, so that was the cause. Lanna did not look horrendous, as she claim, she simply looked exhausted. 

   "Milie remind me again why we are here," the short, Latina whined from behind me as I led her down an aisle. "For our sleep over tonight, Haley, Kaylynn, and Alyssa are all coming over. We have to get snacks. Hey go get a basket." She groaned but complied with me request. As she went she started talking to herself about how she was a birdy and began flapping her nonexistent wings. I rolled my eyes but chuckled, the girl could do with a bit of sleep. There was a chuckle from behind me, whipping around I faced the source. It was a boy, who under his sun glasses, I couldn't tell much about, save for the fact that he was taller than me by a few inches, he had curly brownish black hair and he of course was of the male gender. 

  "She tends to be sleep deprived," I explained, smiling. He smiled back. "I'm Harry. And Your name?" He had a very distinct accent, and something clicked in my head. He was a boy from a band that Lanna talked about excessivly, just wait until she hears this. "I'm Emilie, and my friend, her name is Ellanna. She's a big fan, not to be forward or anything."

   "No, no it's fine. I take it you're not a fan?" he asked as he pushed his curls back from out of his face. "I do like your music, but freaking out over boys in general hasn't ever really been my thing, but if it isn't too much I'm sure Lanna would love a picture." He nodded and opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by a rather high pitched squeal.

   I soon recognized the squeal as Lanna's. "Gracious almighty." I muttered and looked at Harry. "And that would be my friend. Sorry." I said and then sprinted off in her direction. Once I found the aisle she was on, the candy aisle of course, I saw that she wasn't alone.

   Ellanna was playing tug of war with a blond haired boy, who was also wearing sunglasses, over a bag of M&M's. I laughed at the comical situation, and realized Harry had followed me when I heard him laugh. I turned to him and raised an eyebrow. "And that would be my friend." I nodded assuming the boy was another member of the band. 

  "You troll! It's mine, I had it first!" Lanna screeched tugging on the bag. "No, it's not." I heard the boy huff as he tugged harder. Lanna stamped her foot angrily and let go of the bag. The boy went sprawling, making Lanna laugh. During his fall, he had let go of the bag and it had landed near Lanna. She reached down and picked them up grinning. "Loser." She turned around and realized we had been watching her. 

   "Hi!" She greeted waving over excitedly. "What happened?" I asked confused but also very amused. "I was walking to get the basket like the good little lemon I am and-" "Did she just call herself a lemon?" Harry interrupted. I nodded. "Yes, I did. Now hush, tonto. I am trying to talk. Anyways, I was walking down this aisle and saw that there was only one bag of M&Ms left, so of course I grabbed it, because M&Ms are my favorite! And then this Nube has to come along and take them from me. I don't care if he is in a world famous boy band. I am sleep deprived and I want my candy." Lanna stopped for breath at the end. She could talk so much and so fast, sometimes she ran out of breath. 

    "I see..." I trailed off and looked at the pouting boy behind her. Lanna turned her head to look at him. "Hi, I'm Ellanna, but you can call me Lanna." She greeted as if they had only just met. He smiled despite their previous dispute. Lanna could never stay mad at anyone and no one could ever stay mad a Lanna. She was just too amusing. 

  "I'm Niall. I just really wanted M&Ms, but I kinda want skittles now," he said slightly confused. Lanna let out a peal of laughter. "I know who you are, but let's be bestest friends." She announced. I shook my head once more at her weirdness, she really needs sleep. I would have figured her to hopping up in excitement but no, not Lanna. He grinned at her and nodded his head. "Let's." Suddenly two other boys came crashing around the corner, one had brown hair and the other had black hair. They were both wearing sunglasses just like Niall and Harry. 

   "Liam! They are mine!" The black haired boy argued. They continued to wrestle over what looked to be a box of pop-tarts. "And those are also my friends." Harry chimed from behind me.

   I turned and looked at him. "Wow, and I thought I had my hands full with Lanna." I grinned. Looking back over I saw yet another boy in a hoodie and sunglasses come around the corner. He took on look at the two boys and screeched; "Spoons!" 

   Immediately the brown haired one stopped and looked up annoyed. "Spoons? Really, Lou. Come on, that's pretty ridiculous." He whined. 

"Just kidding Liam but you two idiots needed to stop being idiots in the presence of strangers,'' he motioned toward us. The brown haired boy, now known as Liam and the black haired boy looked at us sheepishly. 

  Lanna let out another peal of laughter, along with her new found 'bestest' friend Niall. They looked at each other and began laughing harder. I looked back at Harry who looked amused.

  "That's Liam, that's Louis and that's Zayn." He introduced. I nodded, and then smiled shyly. "I'm Emiliie. Nice to meet you." 

  "I'm Lanna!" Lanna greeted, excitedly, jumping up and down in one spot. "Laina?" Liam questioned. Lanna pouted. "Her real names Ellanna, but she doesn't like it, she says its to stuffy." I rolled my eyes. "No me gusta!" Lanna screeched. Everyone looked at her confused.

  "She doesn't like it." I explained. Lanna began shaking her bag og candy vigorously, for no apparent reason.

"Just ignore the mentally unstable girl in the corner. She could do with a bit of sleep." They all laughed. "Hey! I am not mentally unstable! I am doing a quality check. Mr. famous over there crushed some of them." Lanna protested stomping her foot. Zayn reached over an patted her on the head. "You are going to live though." Lanna glared and kicked him in the shin. "No me toques que la vaca. No me gusta tu," crossing her arms she looked at the hopping figure known as Zayn, with amusement clear in her eyes. 

  "Well as nice as it was talking to most of you," She looked at Zayn as she said this, "Milie and I still have snacks to buy so, Yup. I sure would love a picture but no time. Bye." She pulled a pad of purple post-it notes out of her pocket, pealed off one and stuck it on Niall's shirt. On the post-it note written in her swirly hand writing was her number and then it was signed '~Lanna'.

   "Bye Bestest Friend!" She announced and began walking down the aisle.

"You keep a pad of post-it notes with your number on them?" Harry asked bewildered.

"Don't question me!" 

"Well can I get one?" Zayn asked, as he reached down and rubbed his shin. "I think I may need to sue." She rolled her eyes and flipped him off, as she rounded the corner.

"Well isn't she just a bottle of sunshine." Louis joked. I laughed. "You get used to her.  Zayn, earlier, though my Spanish is limited I am pretty sure she called you a cow." Zayn's eyes widened and we all laughed.

    "We have to go." Liam said looking at his phone. I nodded. "Hey,  wait. Do you think I could get your phone number?" Harry asked hopefully. I smiled.

   "I'm sorry but I don't keep post-it notes with my number on them in my pocket." And with that I rounded the corner, I heard the 'Ohh's of his friends echoing behind me.

  With a smile on my face, I began my search for Ellanna.