Chapter 14

Merry Christmas everyone :)
Well it is here in Australia, so I figured I might as well post this because I'll be away on holidays soon!
Hope you all have a great holiday season and Happy New Year! xx

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

-Scarlett-

James didn’t wait for a response from me after he told me the three words I’d feared he’d tell me since we were both reunited at Seth’s birthday party. He left me in the bathroom, staring at myself in the mirror. I felt completely baffled.

Sadness came over me and I couldn’t help but feel sorry for him because he’s in love with such a mess of a person. There are thousands of flaws about me, especially in my personality and the way I treat others – and poor James was caught up in the centre of it.

His words struck a chord inside me because not only did they mean so much to me, they also made me hurt. I realized just how selfish I’d been and how poorly I’d treated James in the month or so that stayed with him. He saved my life, he took care of me and protected me but instead of repaying him in ways of kindness I used him for my own benefits.

The worst part was the fact that he realized that. He didn’t think he was good enough for me but he didn’t love me any less because of it, and instead he loved me even more.

What he doesn’t know is that I do love him. I just don’t deserve him.

Five days later, Christmas Day

The day after our careless mistake his stylist, Nana, arrived and she did a huge favour for me by accompanying me to the pharmacy to buy the morning after pill, and pregnancy tests. Originally, I suggested the idea to get Betsy to buy them. According to James, his mother is quite famous around Palo Alto and people knew exactly who she was, plus he didn’t want her to know.  He didn’t want me buying them either.  Though James and I kept a low profile in LA, we both weren’t too sure if any candid photographs of us were taken and uploaded onto the internet.

With the advice I was given, I needed to wait at least ten days before taking the first pregnancy test.  Surprisingly, things weren’t awkward between James and I – which I was incredibly thankful for. He was dealing with it better than I was. In fact, things were pretty much back to normal with us despite the fact I could be carrying his child.

My worries about the whole ordeal slipped my mind from time to time, mostly because James has such a wonderful family. His grandmother Mitzie and his brothers Tom and Dave were absolutely hilarious and incredibly kind to me. While James was out last minute gift shopping with his mother, they sat me down and told me stories of James’s childhood and showed me every single album of his baby photos.

I had a long chat with Nana, and then Betsy on Christmas Eve when they both caught me staring at James while he danced about to Christmas carols whilst washing dishes in the kitchen. I couldn’t deny my feelings for him at that point – and I was very thankful for the advice they gave me. They both whipped me into place pretty well.

“Come on,” James said, pulling me by the legs, “Get out of bed.”

“Merry Christmas to you too,” I mumbled, still half asleep.

He laughed, “Scarlett come on, everyone is waiting for you.”

“What time is it?”

“Almost 10am,” He replied, which caused me to leap out of bed. 

“What the hell why didn’t you wake me up earlier?” I exclaimed, hurriedly getting dressed and following him out to the living room.

“There she is!” Mitzie chirped a devilish smirk on his face. “We thought James was already un-wrapping his gift for you,” She winked.