Chapter III

(A/N: Warning - Sexual content ahead. I’d recommend this for ages 16+ I guess but I can't stop you from reading it. Basically, ‘read at your own risk’ I suppose. I always feel obliged to make this statement before I post chapters like this, so you can't hold me responsible if there is content in here you don't like because I did warn you)

James’ POV

I was testing her limit.

To see how far she would go to prove to me that I was wrong and she was right. I insulted her, provoking her to make her fight me. With less than an inch of space between us, I could sense her emotions before she executed a bodily movement in reception to them.

It happened quickly. Scarlett pulled me towards her by the fabric of my shirt and her lips were soon gliding over mine. My reaction, at first was hesitant. I knew how dangerous she was, especially when she was furious at somebody. There’s only two things that could occur from this: her laughing expression after humilating me, or the both of us disappearing under the sheets. The latter of the two being the most preferred option right now.

The last rational thought in my mind was pushing her away from me, but the second her fingers entangled their way through my hair I was beyond the point of resisting. All my bottled up anger and resentment against her was pushing off the machine pressed cap. I caught her bottom lip between my teeth, just enough to make her halt her motions from the sharp pain but to test her limits once more. She kissed back twice as hard which made me groan into her mouth.

I could taste the faint traces of bourbon against her tongue, but that isn’t what I wanted. I was searching for the insatiable sensation that I got from the last time we ever spent together. I still remember the hotel suite in Venice and the taste of European summer cuisine and Italian wine. Breaking apart, my eyes widened in surprise. My actions were driven by a greedy type of lust, so I could prove something to her. I just didn't know what that something was.

"What ar—?" I began, but I soon dropped my question as Scarlett shrugged and fiddled with the hem of my sweater. We hastily but cumbersomely moved towards the bed, removing articles of clothing as we did. Soon enough she was straddling my lap and I was nipping at her neck.

As I breathed out, she breathed me and the rhymatic responses of our bodies was alarmingly in either in perfect synchronisation, or perfect sequence. I shifted her legs and gently pushed into her, eliciting a surprising sigh of relief from both of us. My libido was on fire tonight, given the fact that I hadn't been getting any action for the past few months. I just never thought this was the person I'd be ending my dry spell with. Nevertheless, I wasn't complaining. Scarlett gently ran her nails over my ribs and down my spine, knowing exactly what that did to me. A light seemed to switch on in my head and I remembered all the things that would drive her wild. 

I tossed her onto her back and pressed my hips into hers, the sounds she was making told me I was doing a good job. All the while, my hands roamed across her body and my teeth left marks on her neck. Leaning down, I pressed my forehead against hers, the sticky feeling of our skin indicating that a lot more time had lapsed than I had first thought. The first time she breathed my name into my ear, I felt shivers travel down my spine...but it wasn’t until she screamed it that I found my release as she found hers.

Collapsing on top of her in exhaustion, I planted one more kiss on her neck before rolling off to lie on my back and catch my breath. I could still hear music and the chatter of voices from below, which indicated that no one would have heard us unless they were outside this very room. That was a major relief.  As far as everyone else knew, I was never in this room. 

"Well that was interesting…" Scarlett muttered, twiddling her thumbs and staring up at the ceiling. I could only nod in agreement, unsure of what to say or do. Hearing Scarlett sigh, I sat up and watched her rummaging around for her clothes.