Chapter IX

(A/N): So I'm really bad at updating on here and I'm really sorry about that, I'm just so used to doing this on tumblr and I keep forgetting that this story is even on here. Usually my friend (who writes the Dave Franco story) is the one who does this for me >.<

~*~

James' POV

Scarlett hovered above me, a smirk plastered on her face as she moved an ice cube down my stomach towards the hem of my briefs. Reaching down, I tossed the ice cube away and grabbed her arms, rolling us so that I was on top.

After I removed her shirt, I gasped in horror at the sight of multiple circular, dark purple bruises on her body.

“I’m not that ugly, wow…” Scarlett grumbled, grabbing her shirt from my hands. 

“What? Why would you ever think that I think you’re ugly?”

“Well you aren’t int—-“

“—-We can have this argument later,” I cut her off, knowing she wouldn’t stop once she was started. “More importantly, who gave you those?”

“Gave me what?” Scarlett asked, looking down at her stomach. Eyes widening, she began to laugh before she reached forward and pulled me back on top of her by the collar of my shirt. 

“I went paint balling with Jay,” She giggled, wrapping her arms around my neck, “What, you thought someone beat me up?”

I relaxed and began kissing her neck so she wouldn’t see how embarrassed I was. Right now, I did not need to be turned off by my embarrassment. It had been a while since I had Scarlett to myself and or hotel suite to my own for that matter. Both my assistant and my stylist were on the constant come and go considering I have a lot to do whilst in LA for the next month.

“You are a pain in the ass,” I said against her skin.

Scarlett scoffed, “Look who’s talking.”

I smiled and ignored her comment as I continued to place kisses on her body.

“So paint ball with Jay eh? You two getting real close?” I asked, softly nibbling at her skin. The change to a less delicate action along with my question elicited a strange sound from Scarlett, a mixture of both a contented sigh and a laugh. She rolled her eyes and began lightly scratching my back, knowing that it would usually shut me up. If it weren’t for my overwhelming curiosity, then normally, it would have worked.

I leaned back on my elbow and gently ran my hand along her the insides of her thighs all the while maintaining eye contact with her. Dipping back down, I whispered into her ear.

“Seth told me you two kissed.”

“I kissed him on the cheek, that’s how I greet or part ways with people. That’s all we did.”

Ignoring her statement, I slid my hand up her shirt and unclipped her bra, “I’m not convinced.”

“Even if I was cuddling up to Jay; what is it to you?” Scarlett inquired.

I hummed in amusement whilst tossing her bra over my shoulder, “Well, his fiancée just left him and he’s been doing it tough. As your friend, I wouldn’t want you to be the rebound girl, now would I?”

Scarlett gasped. “Is that your twisted way of saying that you care about me?” She cackled, pinching my ass.

I pulled a face at her in surprise at her bold gesture, “Did you just..?

Ignoring me, she continued her struggle to keep her composure and refrain from laughing. “That’s adorable Franco, it really is,” She said teased, “You have my sex life in your best interest.”