Chapter X

**EDIT**
Chapter has been revised :)

James’ POV

"So, who was that lovely lady you ran off with?" Nana asked in a sing song voice as she combed my hair. I chuckled, placing my book down on bench in front of me as I looked up at the mirror.

"Just a friend of mine," I smiled.

Nana raised her brows, but made no comment as she picked up the pair of scissors and began trimming my hair. It didn’t take very long as there wasn’t much to trim. Once she finished cleaning up the floor, I snapped a selfie of the two of us together and posted it on Instagram.

My phone then buzzed right in my hand and I quickly tapped on message notification. Scarlett finally replied to my invitation to join myself and Nana out for lunch. The message read two very definitive words:

“I’ll pass.”

Could she be any less specific?

I sent back “Why not?” with a sad face emoji for added effect. 
In my mind, I could picture Scarlett’s unamused reaction whilst reading the screen on her phone.

"I already have plans for today, sorry."

"With who? Jay?"

"None of your business Franco! And why are you so jealous of Jay?"

"I’m not jealous."

"It sure sounds like it."

"You’re delusional."

"And you’re not?"

"Did I say something to offend you the other day?"

"No, haha. I’m just having a life outside of you. I’ll see you soon okay?"

"Okay. Have fun."

"Oh, nice Instagram photo by the way."

"Are sarcastically mocking me over text?

"Am I?"

I grinned, tempted continue playing her game but I knew it’d be better not to. If I did, we’d be texting all day. Putting my phone back in my pocket, my attention was drawn to the giggle Nana made. When I looked up at her, she was smirking at me.

I narrowed my eyes, “You read those messages, didn’t you?”

"Maybe," She replied, just narrowly dodging my outstretched arms. I leapt out of my seat and chased her down.

"And she’s just a friend?" Nana asked, once we’d both ran in circles around the room as though I were a cat and she was a mouse.

"Yes."

“Could have fooled me,” She shrugged. “You don’t look at any other girl the way you look at her,” Nana added quietly, walking out the door. I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to hear that last part, so I pretended I didn’t anyway.

Once I was sure Nana wasn’t going to burst through the door again, I pulled out my phone and quickly typed up a reply -

"You and Jay look cute in that photo."

"What photo?"

"The one on your Instagram"

"I don’t have an Instagram"

"Check your likes"

I laughed to myself as I waited for her response.

"You liked all 142 photos?"