Febuary 3

Febuary 3

The blossoms bloom in and endless cloud. The skies filled with the many petals slowly drifting to their beginning, to return to the ground where they came, and to honour the many before them that had done the same. The ground had been painted through by pink as the wind let the many petals drift to many places never seen before. Reaching out with my hand, I let them slowly land in my palm's embrace as I gently held them close to my heart. Then, with a burst of emotion, let it fly and join the many things I have forfeited; my dreams, my hope, my will, my feelings, my heart. Yet in that bright spring day, I could never felt any of those sadness. It felt like the blossoms that caressed my body were landing in my heart, filling it with every little ounce of energy in them and whispering at me many words of encouragement. My mind took no heed to them but I knew my heart to be different. I continued down the path in the park, admiring the yearly wonder of nature. From behind came running two children, a boy and a girl, both young and innocent, the flames of life still blazing in their eyes. They stood around for a minute, staring at the blossoms, entranced by the sight of it all. Then the boy knelt down to pick up a petal and showed it to the girl, “My father said that these flowers represented sacrifices of the past and the never ending cycle of sacrifices.” The girls could only stare at it, mesmerized by its presence, only to suddenly retort to the boy's statement, “But there are so many of them... All the pain, all the suffering...” She whispered the last part, emotions welling up already. I could only smile at the scene before me. How numb have we become, adults, to such feelings of pain and suffering of humanity, how we, hypocritical, ask of the future to love yet deny that very wish with in our lifetime. I knelt down beside them and comforted the girl. “Don't cry, I'm quite sure that blossoms don't just mean that,” She turned to me and gave me a curious glance. “Look at the petal, it is pink, a light clear pink, it shows its purity, the colour shows the warmness of people's deeds. Look around, the world's full of kindness, its a matter of where and how you look at it.” Standing up, I smiled at them and walked away. I never felt it was true until now, all those sadness, all those pain, was never truly there. I realized then, that I was just ignoring all the goodness of the world. I came a solemn soul and left feeling well and truly alive.