Febuary 4

Febuary 4

Summer

The heat of the day bore down on me, driving me further onto my quest to find shade. Everywhere, I could see the sun bathe the every possible surface with its glare and heat. The winds were harsh, gentle yet filled with heat and anger. They lashed out, determined to drag my feet and slow me down in my effort. Finally, I found a tree, lone and solemn, in the middle of an open field. I gently placed myself down and leaned back against a tree. The summer air was filled by the cheerful chirping of birds, seemingly immune to all the torture I went through. I watched two birds in the sky dance. The two shadows traversed the sky, sweeping high, soaring, diving down quickly. The summer sky clear of clouds, the sun keeping vigil overhead. Wing by wing, they glided slowly, looked at each other, then with a flick of a wing, veered at opposite directions, diving sharply downward before slowly climbing up, their paths intertwining. In a flurry of movement, a flap here, a dive there, they made their way across the sky. Like dancers of the sky, they flew a ballet of stories, of many sights never seen before, of the joy of the sky and the wind, the many clouds and many constellations, the cycle of sun and moon, the thrill of life. I look on to their grace with awe. So many intricacies of life told in such a short and simple act. The exultation they broadcast came not from their actions but the way they did it. Each action complemented the next one and each other, they flew not as two beings, but as one united being. The chemistry, the understanding, radiated outwards, beaming to the world. A gentle nudge on my heart materialised and I felt my fist clench ever so slightly. The parallels were too much. I looked away, taking out my book and focusing myself on it. I strained my mental strength badly. Though I tried diverting all my attention to the book the lingering thoughts in my mind found their way out and broke free. The thoughts rushed in like a huge tsunami, overclouding other barriers of thoughts. It forced me to focus on it, like a child wailing for attention. Finally giving in into its demands, I let my mind wander down its thinking, following every sinister nook and cranny, making me well up in sickness and regret. How I wished it to end at that very moment.