02:33

[A/N]: Just a fair warning that this chapter will be the most angsty out of the rest, but I promise it'll get jollier after this. 

And oh, there's probably going to be 4 or 5 chapters left. 6, at the most but i'm still working it out :)

Anyway, hope you guys are enjoying Christmas (if you celebrate it, of course)! ^.^

VOTE. COMMENT. FAN.

- kelly_1231

02:33

            When I walk outside the bathroom, I automatically see a row of empty seats a feet away from me and not a single one of them is being occupied by Drew. I stand there for a minutes hoping that he'll pop out of the blue, but as my watch continues to make those soft tick-tock noises, I become impatient. When I look down onto my watch and realize it is already 02:33, I heaved out a heavy sigh.

            "Guess he decided to ditch me," I murmur, half-disappointed and half-glad.

            "Ugh, actually, I'm right here."

            I quickly turn to my left and see Drew standing with two sandwiches in his hands. 

            I immediately turn red. "Oh, ugh..."

            Drew laughs as he throws one of the sandwiches in my directions, and I catch it with ease."You didn't actually think I'd leave, did you?" He asks as I continue just staring at the sandwich while my stomach growls.

            Looking up, I can still feel the heat on my face but I manage to crack the slightest smile, anyway. "Yeah, well, you're some big-shot actor now so I didn't think you'd actually stick around to talk to a..." I took a moment to search for the right word. "...I don't know, a freaking muggle?"

            Drew stares at me. "Muggle?" He echoes.

            "Yes, a muggle. I'm a muggle compared to you."

            "Jessica," Drew says with laughter as he begins nearing towards me. "I'm an actor. Not a fucking wizard."

            I roll my eyes as I gesture towards the seats and state, "You wanted to talk, now let's talk."

            "You wanted to talk, now let's talk," Drew says as he turns on the Christmas tree in his beat-up apartment in New York City. He has his back facing towards me because he is probably too fixated on the festive bright colours in front of him, and I'm almost glad that he can't see my face because if he can, he'll be able to see the look of anxiety on my face.

            Drew and I have been dating for a year already, but ever since we've graduated, it almost seems like we are leading two different lives. He's roughing it up in New York City while he tries to make a living as a struggling actor (all the while working part-time as a waiter and taking acting classes) while I've been living with my parents in Toronto working dead-end jobs to gain "experience" before going to University. 

            We are literally only few hours drive (or a one plane ticket) away from each other, but still... I can't help but feel the weird distance between us and that empty feeling I have inside. I don't even know where this relationship is taking us, and I feel stuck. I feel more stuck in this relationship then I am with my dead-end jobs, and I hate it. I hate having to feel like I'm going nowhere in life, and Drew deserves to know the truth.