02:40

[A/N]: Short chapter but I promise that the last five -- yes, there are only 5 CHAPTERS LEFT -- will be much longer.

Anyways...

VOTE. COMMENT. FAN :3

- kelly_1231

02:40

            "So you're twenty-years-old and you haven't gone to University yet?" Drew asks as we continue sitting on the comfortable chairs in front of each other while awkwardly munching on the sandwiches he got for us at Starbucks. I almost don't hear the question since I'm to preoccupied with the view of the storm going on, but I manage to to break my gaze away from the sight and back to my ex-boyfriend just in time to catch on to the last few words.

            I snort. "So you're twenty-years-old and you haven't gone to University yet?" I countered.

            Drew smirks. "That's not the same thing," he reminds me. "At least always knew I would never wound up studying for finals but you? Well, you always insisted that you'd apply to University eventually but you never did." He paused for a moment to meet my gaze. "Why?"

            All of a sudden, I lose my appetite and I end up gently pushing my sandwich to the chair beside me.

            "You're not going to eat that?" Drew asks, nodding towards the sandwich.

            I shake my head and immediately give my left-overs towards him.

            "Do you honestly care about my reasons for not bothering to apply to University?" I ask in a monotone voice, trying to hide all the bittersweet emotions that is beginning to grow inside my stomach. I watch as Drew nods his head while he devours the two sandwiches, and I almost want to laugh because he always had been the one with the huge appetite.

            "Of course I want to know," Drew replies, wiping his mouth with the sleeve of his sweater. "You're my friend. We need to catch up, anyway."

            Friend.

            Is that what I am to him now? A friend?

            Well, at least he ain't calling you an "acquaintance" or the "bitch who broke my heart two years ago".

            True.

            "So why haven't you gone to finish your education?" Drew repeats. He looks at me with the curious gaze of his and he shrugs. "Do you have a job or are you--"

            "Confused as hell?" I finish for him. I let out a nervous laugh. "To be honest with you, I really don't want to go to University, or even college, if I don't know what I'm going to do afterwards with my life, so I guess that's why I've been holding off on my applications to Universities-- I'm still undecided whether or not this is the right way to go for me. I'm hoping I'll find out soon, but for now, I'm working at some run-down art and crafts store in Toronto."

            After I finish my little rant, I look up to see Drew staring at me with my wide eyes and I instantly feel like a fool. What am I doing here just pouring out my frustrations about my life choices and what I plan to do with my future with my ex-boyfriend so quickly? Is this what exes usually did when they just so happened to run into each other? Are they just suppose to talk about their lives after their relationship with one another or are they not just suppose to talk at all? I didn't really know because I have been fortunate enough to not have run into any of my exes after Drew (since they all seemed to live in other parts of the world).