02:02

02:02

            I am completely speechless as I look up to the guy whose heart I broke two years ago due to my own stupid reasons and beliefs. I feel the two years worth of regret build up in at the back of my throat, and I can't help feel the quickening pace of my heartbeat as I continue staring into his dark eyes that still seems so friendly and welcoming. 

            "Ugh, Jessica," Philip says from behind me. "Your coffee."

            Drew lets out a soft laugh. "If you're not going to get it, I will," he teases.

            Almost immediately, I snap out of my own thoughts and avert my gaze away from Drew to the cup of coffee sitting on the counter-tops. I look up to Philip and give him a small nod of thanks. I then grab my coffee and turn around with my head down low. I don't even say thank you to Drew who paid for my drink as I quickly make my way out of Starbucks with my pink suitcase rolling behind me.

            "I like you as more than friend, Jessica," Drew says to me underneath the tree in the park. He gives a little shrug. "And I'm really confused as to what we --" he gives a little gesture to the both of us. "-- are. I mean, are we a couple? I always felt like we kind of were since middle school when we were both forced to kiss each other under the mistletoe but I was never really sure because one minute you're flirtatious as hell then next you're really coy about it and then all of sudden, I'm back in the friend-zone. But then you kissed me last year on New Year's and it almost seemed like that sealed the deal. For the past year everyone thinks we're a couple. Even our teachers think so. I  mean, I want us to be a couple but what about you? What do you want us to be, Jessica?"

            I just stare at Drew. "How many times have you rehearsed that in front of the mirror?"

            Drew chuckles. "A week," he answers.

            I laugh but then I shrug. "I-I don't know what we are," I reply, honestly.

            "Seriously?" Drew stares at me in disbelief. "We're being dubbed as the 'Most Likely To Get Married' in the yearbook and you can't even make up your mind if you want to be my girlfriend--"

            "Ugh, don't put the blame on me, Mr. I'm-So-Fucking-Suave," I snap back at him. "You haven't even asked me out on a proper date yet and you want me to become your girlfriend on the spot? Do you honestly think I'm that easy?"

            Drew's eyes widens in shock as he points at me. "I-I never said that you were easy, " he retorts. "You're just blowing this out of proportion--"

            "I'm not! I'm just saying you never even asked me out!"

            "Are we really talking about gender role issue and the whole you-should-at-least-go-on-three-dates-before-getting-laid nonsense right now?" Drew rolls his eyes as he throws his hands up in the air. "We've known each other since we were kids, Jessica! Maybe we've never spoken until that time we were forced to kiss one another but I think every time i've ever taken you out to Tim Horton's and McDonald's in high school should constitute as a date--"

            My mouth falls wide open. "You're just asking me out to get laid?" I ask, insulted. I don't even bother mentioning the fact that bringing a girl McDonald's for a date is probably the worst game plan to get laid.