Island Getaway Pt 1

Kenya POV-

My eyes lit up as we touched down on the white sand of Laucala Island, Fiji. A private island O had got us for the weekend to celebrate my launching.

 A private island O had got us for the weekend to celebrate my launching

"Babe it's beautiful." I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his lips as we made our way inside the resort.

It was a hotel, that sorta resembled a house. And had a house fill.

Justin was about to jet inside but B looked down at him and said, "try it" and he quickly got that idea out of his mind.

O and Jussie got our bags and brought them inside.

In the lobby I was greeted by a room full of folks. Mainly O's people. Remember the only person I had died.

So it was O's parents, his siblings. His friends. Regular one's and NFL ones. Which were familiar faces around the league including Von Miller, Antonio Davis, his giants teammates Sterling, Brad Wing, Dominique, just to name a few it seemed like a frat house all these men here. Some brought their wives or girlfriends.

They greeted me, hugged and congratulated me as I walked through the crowd.

And yes Juice was here. Le sigh. 🙄. They made up a couple of years ago, we'll get into that later. I will say though, that through the years he matured. An life threatening neck injury his second year in the league cut his football career short. Let's say it humbled him a lot. He know coaches high school football in his hometown of Covent, Louisiana.

"Proud of you K. You had a dream stuck with it."

"Thanks Juice." We hugged and I kept it moving.

As I continued to look through the sea of people, of mainly his family and friends, and wondering why they were here to celebrate me, I finally saw a familiar face.

"Kia!" I screamed and we ran through the crowd of people like Celie seeing Nettie after she had been away.