plans.

Thorn's POV:

I could not take it anymore.
Yeah, I had been here for a long time,  but ever since these two girls showed up, it has become the clearest thing in the world to me---breaking out was a necessary move.

"I just don't understand how these people can be so heartless.  I mean, we're only teenagers. How do they mercilessly slaughter kids like that?", Addie said to me and Penny, who were currently suspended from an air duct in search of a way out.

"I have no idea."

That was the only thing I knew to tell her.

"Thorn..look.", Penny whispered from beside me.

Addison was watching guard while Penny and I looked for any possible way to get out of this infinite hellhole.

I was going to try my hardest to get all three of us free; we would be stronger together: but if I couldn't do that, I would stay and let the girls go. They could possibly free us all later on anyway, and if not...oh well. Society is a prison anyway; might as welk stay here, right?

I crawled over to where Penny was a little, and looked out of the same vent she was.

The office--the one where..he...worked.

Him.

How was I going to leave? The girls still didn't know.

"Look. Michaelson is totally out of it...he wouldn't notice in the least if we--"

"THORN.", Penelope whisper yelled and my head shot up to look at her.

"Can you...can you drive?", she asked--a small smirk creeping onto her face. Somehow, I got the just of what she was thinking.

"Yeah. I can. Why?", I said with a small grin. She probably couldn't see it though, considering the dim light of the ducts.

"Let's climb back down to Addie. I'll tell you both then."

So we climbed from the ducts.

"Did you find anything?", Addison asked eagerly.

"P has an idea. I don't know what it is though."

I had to admit one thing for a fact---Penelope was someone I could see myself with. In the sense, that I....I liked her.

Penelope's POV:

"Okay, so...I say that somehow, while Michaelson is asleep, Thorn.. you get in and trip the breakers? Me and Addie run, I find a truck and she keeps watch--or vice versa? You get out of there as soon as possible,  and with the breakers tripped they shouldn't be able to see us clearly...which is why I say we aim to do this at night. We get free, go to the cops, and get all of this worked out...sound okay-ish...?", I asked.

Addison nodded in agreement, while Thorn just got up and paced for a moment.

Finally, after what felt like days of deafening and lunatical silence,  he looked up with reassurance in his eyes.

"Okay. Let's do it."

"Guys, looks like we're breaking out.", Addie said with a grin, and I returned the gesture.

I looked up at Thorn.
"Yeah. I guess we are."