selfless?

Penelope's Pov:

"No...Thorn, don't just worry about us. You need to get out too--everyone here does." I get that Thorn was trying to be selfless and kind to me and Addison, but...he can't say that he doesn't wanna leave this crazy place too. It still makes no sense how nobody has called the authorities on this Michaelson guy yet....as soon as I get busted out of here, I'm going to make sure he gets what he deserves. I haven't been able to explore, so I don't really know how many innocent people are here. But in my book, any is enough. Thorn interrupted my thoughts, "Look, I want to get out too, but I mean, it's been over six months, almost seven, and if nobody's been concerned about me so far, I don't think they want me back. Yeah, it's sad, I guess, but it's true. Being in here, you learn to face reality. There's no hope for me." He sounded so broken. "No, there is hope. Penny and I won't leave without you, even if our lives turn out to depend on it. Got that?", Addie said. Thorn's blue eyes turned dark and cold; a look of utter frustration and annoyance plastered on his face. For a moment, I was terrified of what he might do to take out his anger--if he would take it out on us. Apparently my fear was worn upon my face, because he looked at me and immediately shook his head, his eyes becoming the generous, deep-colored ones I had grown fond of just in this past hour (? I still had no way of telling time). "Guys, I'm sorry, but I just cannot leave. I just can't.", he says, as I just sigh and gather my thoughts and plan what to say next. I decide to stay quiet, and when I looked at Addison, she had seemed to have gotten the same idea. Just, stay quiet.

Thorn's Pov:

Why can't they just understand that I can't leave? I try to explain, but...it's impossible to explain this unless they know.

And they don't know.