confessions and new frens.

A/N: this shit gets really gay at the end. just saying.

"tyler! tyler!" i hear a voice yell through the halls. i turn around and see josh, waving at me with a smile on his face. a girl stands next to him, she's blonde and thin. i think her name is jenna, but i'm not sure. i feel a pang of jealousy in my chest, for no reason.

i walk over to josh and the pretty blonde girl. she smiles at me, and i smile back. "hey, um i was wondering if you wanted to have lunch with me and my friends. they're all nice, but brendon is an idiot." josh says, and i giggle at his statement. before i can say yes, josh adds, "oh! sorry tyler, this is my friend jenna. jenna this is tyler."

"hi, it's nice to meet you." the girl, jenna, has a nice voice and i can already tell is very nice. i decide to join them at lunch, since my friend amelia hasn't been to school all week, due to being sick.

"where is your friend?" i hear josh ask, as if he was reading my mind.

"sick." i answer, simply.

|-/

"hey guys, this is tyler. tyler this is brendon, patrick, pete, hayley, ashley, and mark." josh introduces me, going down the row from left to right. i wave at them, and they all smile and greet me. mark makes jokes that made me laugh the whole time, and ashley and i talked about common interests and became automatic friends.

when the bell rang, i traded numbers with everyone and they invited me to hang out with them tomorrow, which i gladly accepted. josh and i walked out together, side by side. "hey, tyler?"

"yeah?"

"do you want to go to the treehouse afterschool?"

i start to smile. "i would love to."

|-/

as i walk down the path that leads up to josh's treehouse in the forest, i see him in the near distance, climbing up the ladder. when he reaches the treehouse, he looks out the window, which is really just a big hole in the wood, and spots me. he smiles and waves at me, and i wave back. he runs his fingers through his red hair, which is starting to fade to a light pink.

i climb up the ladder, and josh greets me with a smile on his face. he wears a ripped tank top shirt, which confuses me because it's freezing out. oh well.

"tyler, can i ask you a question?" josh asks, looking down at his fingers, which were chewed up, as if all he did was bite his nails.

i nod my head, worried what he's going to ask. he bites his lip and his face turns red, about as red as his hair was last week.

warning: this shit gets really gay and cliché !!

"why'd you forgive me so easily?"

"because you were my best friend, josh."

"no i'm not."

"yes you are. yeah, you were a huge dick, but you mean a lot to me. you always have. i missed you, and i'm not going to miss the chance to have you back in my life."

it's quiet for a few minutes. josh just stares at the cracked wood and the messages on the walls. his eyes are watery, and his lip quivers.

"i'm sorry, tyler. i'm so-" he starts, his voice a whisper, but he cuts himself off when his voice starts to crack.

"it's okay."

"no it's-"

"i only want to know why you left." i say. his hands start to shake and he opens his mouth, as if he's about to say something, but no words come out. i bite my lip, and put my hand on his knee. "it's alright." i whisper.

he's silent and still for a few moments and then all of a sudden he says, "i'm really gay. and i loved you more than a friend. i wanted more than a friendship. but i was too scared, i was so scared of fucking the friendship up, but instead of trying to keep it together i ruined our relationship. i-"

"you know, i'm gay too. it's okay."

"but you never felt the same-"

"who said i didn't?"

"well-then, uh- i'm sure you moved on-"

"i never did. i just learned to cope with it." i whisper. he looks up, his eyes wide. he bites his lip, trying to hide his grin but failing. i giggle at his reaction.

"can i hug you?" he asks, quietly.

"i'd actually like for you to kiss me."

and so he did.