Part 49

*One year later*

I skipped across the garden with Thijn’s hand in mine. The past year had been rough on both of us, first we were witness to my father being convicted for his crimes. He was locked up for thirtyfive years, with no chance of parole. Thijn had been in the courtroom every step of the way, he seemed to realise what my father had done and after the first testimony he ran to me hugging me tight. He was sad to see his father be taken away, but didn’t shed a tear. We spoke with my aunt and she told me that Thijn had asked me about him every single day. I decided it was finally safe to tell her where I live and I forgave my uncle, he thought he was helping me.

A few days after my fathers sentencing, my aunt came over and we had a long and pressing talk about Thijn. They were very eager to take care of Thijn, but I said I wouldn’t have it. He was my brother, I needed to be there for him so I wanted him with me. The house was big enough and it would be nice to have a small boy running around in the hallways. Aviana had helped him get settled and they got along so well. She was very good with children. Wolf and I were really together, we had gone out on a few dates and I couldn’t be happier about him. He respected my wish to go slow with intimacy, but the past few days I had given him permission to sleep in my bed as a human and some small things happened.

I had passed my exams with some effort because some of them I had to re-take, but I graduated and now I was working, still part time at the restaurant. Wolf insisted I would stop, because he could easily take care of me, but I refused, I wanted to work for now. Thijn was going to school, where I drove him every morning and he knew about us being witches and wizards. He had seen me do it the first try and when he came into our home everyone showed him their talent. He liked Wolf the best, because he could play with him. So when I told him I could do that exact thing, he was ecstatic. Sometimes we would change into cats and he would play with us for hours. Wolf found work nearby, he might have a lot of money, he couldn’t last a lifetime with it. I had even spoken with Stephanie and she told me she might never like me, but she’d try and accept me, which was good enough for me.

Thijn and I sat down on the patio, I had filled the garden with beautiful roses, the ones my mother used to love and with daffodils, my favorite flower.

‘Dyani!! Dyani!! Look what I can do!’ Thijn yelled at me.

I had been thinking, my head in the clouds. Pondering what would happen, when my father would come out of prison. One thing I knew for sure, I’d be ready for it and if necessary I would do whatever it took to never live through his abuse again.

‘Dyani!!’ Thijn yelled again.

I snapped my head up, looking at him. He had his little hands stretched towards Wolf, who had been roaming the garden as his beautiful black cat form. He was flying in the air, in a direct line with Thijn’s arms. He turned his head to me with a huge grin on his face.

‘I am magic too!’ he exclaimed.

Wolf fell to his feet and ran into the house. Soon after he came back fully clothed.

‘Granny told me you might not have any powers, but darling brother. I’m so glad you do! Now I can train you and uncle Charley can show you how to use telekinesis!’ I said, so happy.

Wolf sat down next to me, pulled me into his embrace and we smiled, everything was okay now.

You have arrived at the end of my story, I hope you enjoyed reading it, as much as I did writing it..

I dedicated this to my best friend, he's been there every step of the way, giving me feedback and helping me get it right.. So Thanks!