Part 41

Due to a mistake on my part I have had to change the part 40, so maybe you should re-read. I hope it's not too much inconvinience.

Enjoy!

From a small distance, I could hear some music. I was sure this would be a long night, but it wasn’t all that bad, because had a calm day. At the front door, I locked my bike and went inside. They were all in the ballroom, Alex and Charley had pulled down two couches from their rooms and some chairs where placed across the couches. Some of our guests were dancing to the music. No one really payed attention to me entering the room, but Charley walked over to me. I felt a little shy with so many new people.

‘Come, I’ll introduce you,’ he said, taking me to the couch.

‘This is Aviana,’ he said, pointing at a small, very very thin girl with black hair.

She looked at me sweetly with her warm brown eyes, it made me feel at ease. I shook her hand.

‘Your abilities match, so I’m sure you’ll be best of friends, enjoying yourself in the kitchen,’ Charley said.

‘Nice to meet you. He might be sure, but I’m afraid I don’t know if I’m a potion master yet.’

‘We’ll find out together,’ she said, giving me a wink.

Charley pulled me away to a boy on the other side of the couch, he had longish dark blonde hair and also warm brown eyes, he seemed so nice.

‘This is Samuel, we usually call him Sam.’

‘Nice to meet you,’ I said, we also shook hands.

‘Nice to meet you too,’ he said, giving me a bright smile.

Again I didn’t really have time to think and process, he took me to the dancefloor. A girl and her dance partner stopped, so did the boy who was dancing joyously behind them.

‘This is Stephanie,’ Charley said, when he pointed at the girl.

‘Stephanie,’ I whispered.

She carried the name of my mother.. I didn’t like her, she made me feel uneasy and looked at me arrogantly.

I felt Charley put his hand on my back. Stephanie was about to say something.

‘Her mother was called Stephanie, she passed,’ Charley explained.

The boy next to her looked at her for a moment, almost angry, but when he averted his gaze to me, he looked kind. His long blonde hair matched Stephanie’s, but he had sparkling blue eyes.

‘This is Damian, he and Stephanie are together,’ Charley explained.

I shook both their hands, I didn’t want trouble with Stephanie, she didn’t seem to like me.

‘And I’m Elliot,’ the boy behind them said.

He came forward, the first thing I noticed where his big muscles, he looked so strong.

‘Don’t be fooled, his special ability is dream manipulation,’ I heard Alex say behind me.

They all laughed, I offered him a smile.

I turned around with Charley and was faced with green eyes, slightly covered by black hair. His face so soft and kind, but he had already averted his eyes to the floor. I had almost bumped into him, so I took a step back and looked him up and down, he was a little taller than me and he was a little muscular, not as much as Elliot though.

‘This is Wolfram, but he prefers to be called Wolf,’ Charley said.

Wolf looked at me for a second and I offered him a smile. He averted his eyes and I saw his lips curl up. With Charley I went to the kitchen, getting something to drink. He told me most of our guests had gotten their room, but Wolf and Aviana hadn’t been assigned yet, because he only had one empty room left and Wolf didn’t really want to share. I figured because he was so shy.