All in the Code

"We're almost there! Just a little more!"

Ranger 301 panted as he and his partner flew as fast as they could from the pursuers, dodging bullets left and right. The border to the Out Lands was in view.

"Just need to-"

Ranger 301 let out a scream as he felt a bullet hit his side.

"RANGER 301!" his partner shouted.

He tried shaking the pain off but he knew the bullet had hit one of his energy supplies, he could feel himself slowing down.

No...

The two looked behind them to see Nero's forces closing in and they were only a few feet away from the borders.

"Ranger 301, I got an idea." his partner said.

"What?"

"Make a landing, you're in no condition to fly, but you should be able to get across the borders on foot, once you're across you're safe."

"I don't think I'll be able to out run them, you know wounds transfer to huminid form."

"I know... but you will make it if I give you time."

Ranger 301's eyes widen in realization. "No... No no no, I'm not leaving you behind!"

His partner looked to him, giving a serious look. "You're not leaving me... I'm choosing this..."

"But Loopin'-"

"Ranger 301... Go... The others need you... You're the better leader of the two of us, better I'm the one who is derezzed."

"NO! THAT'S NOT TRUE!"

Loopin' 302 looked to the oncoming troops.

"Alright... since you won't go willingly... I'll make you."

He spun around, knocking Ranger 301 to the ground, hitting a spot on him that made him revert to his huminid form. Soon as he was sure he was safe he charged at the oncoming troops.

"COME GET ME!"

Ranger 301 watched in horror as he saw his partner go up against them.

"LOOPIN'!!!!!!"

------

It still haunts me... It shouldn't though... that was cycles ago... I...

Ranger 301 shook his head, trying to focus on the task at hand.

Whatever Nero is up to... I'm not going to let him take another life... or mind of a program.

He saw the Fire Wall in view, Windlifter 33 waiting at the wall as the others kept it burning. Outside the wall he could see Nero standing on a rock formation, his arms folded behind his back.

But where's the program...? Ranger 301 thought as he approached Nero, keeping to his side of the wall.

Nero sneered at him. "Still functioning even after all these cycles... Pity, you would've made a good soldier."

Ranger 301 narrowed his eyes. "Don't waste time, Nero. What do you want?"

"There's a phrase Users use... Twisting the knife in one's back... I'm giving you a choice... Hand over the reconfigured program or... I'll twist the knife in yours."

"I'm not letting you lay a finger on Crophopper 7." Ranger 301 growled. "You've already done enough damage as it were."

Nero narrowed his eyes scowling as he gestured for someone to come forward. "You've given me no choice then... Bring him out!"

Two others Hackers came forward... and behind them... was Loopin' 302. Ranger 301's eyes went wide for a moment, but he quickly hid his shock.

Loopin'...

Loopin' 302's eyes were staring straight ahead, as if he didn't see Ranger 301 at all. Nero glanced behind him at the program.

"He was useful... But as it is... I have bigger and better plans... Therefor..." He pointed to the Fire Wall. "He's outlived his use. Loopin' 302... Go... Deactivate." He ordered.

Loopin' 302 gave a nod as he made his way towards the fire. Ranger 301 reacted quickly as Loopin' 302 neared the flames.

"NO!"

He spun, letting his tail wack Loopin' 302 away from the flames.

"Ngh...!" The helicopter still tried again... His only focus being to follow through on the orders... Even if it meant derezzing.

"Come on Loopin'! Don't listen to him!" Ranger 301 shouted, hitting him again.

Loopin' 302 growled hitting him back.

"He doesn't know you anymore you pathetic excuse for a machine."

"No..." Ranger 301 looked Loopin' 302 in the eyes... seeing the dead look in them. "Loopin'..."

Loopin' 302 stared back at him before going once more for the Fire Wall.

"He's not going to stop until he's dead or mangled beyond recognition."

"STOP IT!"

Nero laughed. "Never... Stop taking so long Loopin' SPEED UP!"

Obeying Loopin' 302 sped up, passing Ranger 301... He hit the Fire Wall, as sparks came about, throwing him back... But he didn't derezz.

"Ranger 301! Quick!" Windlifter 33 shouted.

Ranger 301 didn't waste another minute. He opened up one of his side doors, bringing out his hoist, hooking it onto Loopin' 302's landing gear, pulling him away from the flames.

Loopin' 302 didn't try to fight him, having fallen unconscious from the shock. He just hung limply.

"We need to get out of here." DippER 28 called. "Bring him with! MA-ru might be able to do something."

Ranger 301 nodded, before looking over to Nero, his glare fixed on him.

Nero met his glare with a look that could corrode even the strongest metal.

"Tick tock tick tock..." Fools...

"I'll be back..."

Ranger 301 flew off, heading to the Medical Bay, his team following after him. He looked down at this partner, concern in his eyes.

Hang in there partner.... you're gonna be okay...

Nero watched them go. Soon as they were out of ear shot, he tapped into his radio.

"Are you in?" he asked.

"Yes." answered a voice on the otherside. "A weak point was created while you were talking to Ranger 301. I'll locate Crophopper 7 right away."

"Good... don't disappoint me, Rip 13."

"I won't, end of line."

------

"MA-RU!!!!!"

MA-ru looked from his work to see Ranger 301 rushing in, a program in his arms.

"What in Brody08's name is-" he stopped short when he got a better look at the program in Ranger 301's arms. "No way..."

Others looked as well, gasping at the sight.

"He... He needs medical attention..." Ranger 301 panted. "Please..."

MA-ru nodded, taking Loopin' 302 from his arms getting him onto a table. "I'll do my best... Dot-E! Need some assistance!"

She nodded hurrying over as they started to work on him.

I can't believe it...