Prologue

"You sure this will work?"

A man typed furiously as his keyboard, looking over the codes one last time, glancing back and forth between them and a chat room he had opened up. A new message appeared not too long after his.

"It's the last shot you got for recovering the system. I'm confident it will work but we won't know till we try."

The man nodded, typing his response.

"Right... I just want to be able to save them... this is more than just about research now."

"I know... Your point of view changes when you find out the other side is more than just numbers and codes."

"Yeah... Not everyone knows that though..."

"Not unless they've met me."

The man chuckled.

"Well... you're not exactly the average programer, Joseph."

"I suppose... I just know a lot. But enough of that, is the program ready?"

The man gave the codes one last glance before responding.

"Yes. Crophopper 7 is online and ready to go."

"Good... Sorry I couldn't just go in and get the system back myself... But even I have my limits."

"It's fine, Joseph, don't want you possibly getting harmed by those Hackers... I just hope this works."

"We've planned this out as much as we can and prepared him for as many situations as possible, but now it's just a leap of faith from here... you just gotta trust he can do the job."

"Right..."

"Now give him his orders and send him off. I'll be his wing man from here."

"Got it... thank you again, Joseph, for doing this."

"Hey, anything to help a fellow programmer... especially for a system like this one."

"It means a lot."

"I know... I'll contact you once he has made it to N-Gin, once he's there he's on his own."

"Alright, I'll see you then."

"See you then. End of line."

The man sighed, running a hand through his hair.

Was supposed to be just research into new technology and now it has turned into this... Things are just never as they seem.

He took a deep breath before he started typing out commands on the screen.

"Crophopper 7, this is Brody08, do you read?"

He waited a moment before a response appeared.

"I read. What are my orders?"

"I've installed an override code into your disk. Your goal is to get to the center of the N-Gin system and get the disk to the center I/O Tower. Once you do, I'll be given back the controls to the system and I can clear the system of those Hackers that came in and restore control to the programs who inhabit the system. You will head to the system immediately and will be guided there by a man known as Joseph Frost via radio. Once you've arrived at the system neither of us will be able to contact you till you've completed your task. Are my orders clear?"

"Yes, Brody08."

"Then I have no further commands... Good luck Crophopper 7."

Be safe...