Chapter 1: New beginning

One day, Dusk and Lightning were busy enjoying a nice swim in the pond.

Lightning started to splash Dusk with water and began to giggle.

"H-hey!" Dusk laughed as he splashed water back into her face.

Lightning went to splash Dusk again but as she did he disappeared under the water.

"Dusk, where'd you go?" she asked, looking around worried.

Dusk grabs her foot as he drags her underwater, both of them playfully wrestling under water as he kissed her underwater.

Lightning started to giggle, but it turned out to be a gurgle in the water.

Dusk kisses her deeply giving her some of his air to breathe.

Lightning could finally breathe again from the laughter under the water.

Dusk felt happy but at the same time wishes that she would kiss him back.

Lightning swam towards Dusk and kissed him back on the cheek and he began to blush a bit.

His face flared and his heart sung as she kissed him.  Dusk went to kiss her back.

Lightning went up to the surface to take a breath and swam towards the shore as she began to shake the water out of her fur.

Dusk soon follow her and shake his fur out with water, getting her soaked again.

As Dusk finished shaking the water droplets out of his fur, his fluffy beige fur puffed out as he glanced towards her.

Lightning shook the water off her again and looked at Dusk with his beige pelt on his neck puffed up and began to giggle.

"Ha-ha what's so funny?" he asked her.

"Your fur has puffed up, it's so cute" she smiled.

Dusk looks down at his fur puffed out like a big fur ball. "Gah!" he cried as he tries putting it back down.

Though without the anatomy of his forepaws worked, it proved to be difficult.

Lightning began to giggle more. They walked towards a tree, where their new Espeon friend, Amethyst was sitting in the shade. "Hey Amethyst" Lightning replied.

"Oh hello guys" she replied standing up.

"Hey Amethyst, how are you doing today? Dusk asked cheerfully.

"Great" she replied happily.

"Hey everyone in the forest is talking about you guys. You are famous heroes" Amethyst replied.

"Well I don't think we're that heroic" Lightning replied.

"Ha-ha same." Dusk answered.  "We only did what was necessary to save our home.  Besides it was really Chase and Electra who summoned Xerneas.  Lightning and I were already turned to stone".

"Yeah, they are the true heroines of the forest" Lightning replied.

"Oh come on, you still tried to help" Amethyst replied, her pinkish gem on her forehead glowing in the sunlight.

Dusk chuckled at the statement, "well thanks anyways Amethyst.  Hey if I may ask, where were you during that moment when Yvertal was released?"

"Well I was almost turned to stone, but Infernape told me to come with him if he wanted Yvertal to spare my life; so I decided to go with him I didn't realize it was some kind of vengeance if he failed to conquer the whole world" she replied.