Chapter 9- The End.

Both men stood in the entranceway appalled by the fact that they were snowed in. 'Had they really been fighting for so long?' Ran through Derek's mind. They stood in the hallway for a while, neither knowing what to do. So, Derek wordlessly walked into his kitchen and Spencer took off his satchel and suit-jacket. Spencer decided that he would wander around Derek's home, before facing the man himself. Derek, however, was making the two of them food while thinking about how he was going to tell Spencer. He sure wasn't going to apologize for all of the things he said; but he knew Spencer was still sore about the Hank incident- and he was just getting over the dilaudid problem. So after Derek had finished making them both sandwiches, he decided that rather than waiting he would try and find Spencer.

Spencer was hurt by what his colleague had told him. So when Derek headed for the kitchen- Spencer quietly went up the stairs, satchel in hand. He didn't think- or hope- that he'd need his supplies, but it was reassuring that they were with him. When Spencer was upstairs he immediately headed to the restroom and locked himself in. At first he didn't notice the tears falling down his face, but when a tear fell off his chin and to his jeans he was perplexed. Spencer didn't think he had a reason to be crying- maybe it was part Derek, maybe it was part his mother- but he didn't care. He slid down the door, puts his hands on his curled up knees, and sobbed. Tears streamed down Spencer's' face and every now and again a sob came from his chest, to his mouth and managed to escape.

Spencer didn't notice that Derek was pounding on the door, demanding Spencer let him in. After about twenty minutes, Spencer walked over to the mirror and wiped his eyes, ashamed of how red and puffy they were. He picked up his satchel, and unlocked the door. To Spencer's surprise, Derek fell into him, knocking both of them down. Surprise was written over both of their faces, and Derek stared at Spencer a little longer.

"Listen, Pretty Boy, I had no right to Hankel, or the drugs, or you mother. I'm sorry." Derek's voice came out somewhere between normal and soft.

"It's fine." Spencer gave a small, fake, smile and motioned for Derek to go, he'd follow him.

Derek was shocked that Spencer was smiling, fake or not. He was surprised that his friend had sat in his bathroom and sobbed his heart out for twenty minutes straight. Now he was smiling? Derek was also surprised at how his body moved to hug Spencer even though he didn't want it to. He almost felt as if he was outside his body, looking at the scene. Eventually Spencer's arms slowly wrapped arms around Derek. They stayed like that for a little bit, but then Spencer stepped back slowly, down the steps, and into the kitchen. Derek sat down across from him and started to eat.

No words were exchanged at a table.

After Derek had finished eating, he walked upstairs into his room and grabbed two pairs of clothes. It was almost twelve now, and they both knew that they should sleep. So Derek traded down the stairs to see Spencer was laying on the couch.

"Here you go- they may not fit you but at least it's a change of clothes. You want to take the bed?"

Spencer shrugged, and went to change. Derek's clothes hung off his figure and made him feel small. The clothes also smelled like Derek, which made him feel even more small.

The two had decided that they'd sleep in the same bed, because Derek thought Spencer might do something irrational. Both men could feel the calm that washed over them, that the fight had passed.

It had been a year since Dr. Spencer Reid and Derek Morgan were snowed in together. Now, Derek and Spencer were closer to each other than they were to the other members of their team. This could have been because they were in a relationship, or it could have been because they made each other feel safe when the other was around. Their ' family' was composed of Aaron 'Hotch' Hotchner, Jennifer 'JJ' Jareau, David Rossi, Emily Prentiss, and one Penelope Garcia- who was to blame for the mistletoe, though she never would admit to it. So the structure went back to normal- hunting down serial killers, arsonists, and other psychos. The harmony was restored, and the peace was held.