Chapter 2

As they were on the plane they talked some more.

"Reid, what are the demographics of Lusk?" Hotch asked.

"1,578 people live there, their is a total of 2.07 square miles and there is no major bodies of water. It was founded in July 1886 by one Frank S. Lusk, who named the town in order to keep a legacy. Cattle ranching is-"

"That's enough. When we land Derek and Spencer go to the M.E. (medical examiner). David and Emily go to the crime scene. JJ and I will go to the police station." Hotch informed.

"Hello lovelies, I come bearing bad news. The Huff family's residence have received a finger and a note demanding that the police force to send $15,000 to an abandoned building for the said residents to live." Penelope hesitated before adding, "and I believe that the police are going to deliver."

"They can't do that. Be sure to get that through to the police,JJ. Penelope, tell them not to make contact until we get there." Hotch spoke, alarmed.

"Got it. Speak to you later, my fellow allies! Garcia Out!" the line went dead.

"Do we want a press conference?"JJ asked to her team.

"Not yet, but try to keep this out of the media. Be prepared in case we do need a press conference." Hotch said.

"Both families are German and have children. However the Schneider family has one girl and one boy, two years apart. The Huff family has two twin boys who are only minutes apart. They both live in the same neighborhood, but we don't know where they worked or if they cross over in Germany. I'll ask Garcia to check that out when we land. Statistically speaking, the kidnapper is most likely a male, but we can't cross out that it's a female yet." Spencer said this timidly, briefing the team before they landed.

"Buckle up- we're landing." Hotch said. The team all scrambled to get into their seats and put on their safety belts.