Chapter Hundred and Fifteen

"Did he really say that?", I ask, back in our flat we arrived at an hour ago.

Next to me in bed is Dan, sipping on a hot chocolate and hoping his hangover will fade away soon: "Yes. He wouldn't stop going on about you. Yesterday I thought it was a compliment but now I feel like he might want more than friendship."

I sigh: "Babe, you're way too jealous. Didn't he say that he thinks our relationship is great?"

"He did but I don't want anyone else to think about you like I do."

I take his cup and gently put it on the sideboard next to us so I can cuddle up to him: "It is fine. Don't worry.", before continuing I place a soft kiss on his cheek, "You just get better for now. Does your head still hurt?"

Feeling him nod, I get out of bed to get him some medice.

After I provide him with that, his laptop and a warm blanket, I go to the lounge so I can get work done in peace.

In times like these, where I just need some space to my own, the idea of having a studio not far from home sounds amazing.

As much as I love it here, sometimes it almost feels too cosy, resulting in me just wanting to cuddle up into a ball, watch TV and not get any work done.

But since today is the first of January, I feel oddly motivated and want to get a lot of work done.

From writing posts to answering emails to having a Skype meeting with Fleur, almost everything gets done for the day.

Well, would've gotten done if Dan wouldn't have come in a few hours later.

His hair is messy and eyes tired when he walks in and hugs me while I sit at the desk: "Can you stop working?"

"I'd love to, but I really have to get this one thing done."

"Please?", he pouts and pushes a chair next to mine.

"No babe."

He sighs and drops on the chair: "Well, I'm not leaving your side so you better get used to that."

I laugh and shake my head: "Whatever."

Dan manages to sit there quietly for two whole minutes, when he has to talk again: "Can you at least come on the couch?"

Groaning, I pick up my stuff and make my way over to the sofa, him following me like a shadow.

I sit down and Dan immediately cuddles up with his head on my lap.

"Where is my laptop supposed to go?", I ask him and run my hand through his hair.

"Oh what a shame. Looks like you'll have to put it down for a minute or two.", he grins.

I won't let him win the tries to bring me to cuddle up with him, so I just put my laptop on him, which he doesn't mind until it gets a little hot.

"Ow. Babe.", he moans and moves away.

"Fucking finally.", I say in relieve and laugh.

He sticks his tongue out and takes the device from me: "Can you talk to me for a few minutes?"

"Alright. What's on your mind, sweetheart?", I tease him.

"I just wanted to apologise."

Confused, I answer: "What for?"