Chapter 10

Merry Christmas! I hope you all have had and will have a lovely, lovely day, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday! Xx

===

When Harry woke up, he didn't open his eyes. The bed beside him was cold and his arm, which was holding Niall tight last night, was wrapped around nothing, his hand tangled in sheets. He knew already that Niall wasn't there. He didn't want to open his eyes to see. He didn't want to wake up to nothing. He wanted to wake up to Niall.

For a few minutes, Harry just lay there, trying to come up with a reason that Niall wouldn't be in bed. Showering would be one, but Harry would be able to hear the shower water, and the shower wasn't running. If he was downstairs would be another, and Harry decided- yes, Niall was just downstairs. He ignored the fact that he knew Niall didn't like to go downstairs by himself, because the last time he did Harry almost got shot. Niall was downstairs, and Harry had himself convinced that he was. Niall had to be downstairs. He was still in the house. He was still safe. He was still okay.

Harry opened his eyes. Niall wasn't there, just like he had been expecting. Harry sat up. The first thing he saw was Niall phone on the table, and he felt his heart drop. There was a piece of paper beside it, one that Harry picked up although he hesitated to do so.

Don't worry about me. I love you, Harry, and I love you a lot. I wasn't kidnapped this time, I went on my own. I left my phone here so you didn't try to track me. I don't want you to, okay? I'm not just up and leaving you, I did put some thought into this. I don't want you getting hurt this time. This was the only way we would have ever gotten Lux and Josh back safely without anyone but me getting hurt. I promise you I'll be okay. I promise you I'll love you forever. Move on. Be happy. Tell the others that I love them, tell the others not to worry or look for me, either. I love you, Harry. I love you so much.

- Niall

P.S., I hope you guys continue on being One Direction. I don't want you to give up on the fans.

Harry stared, shocked, at the words in his hands. He read them over and over and over, hoping he read them wrong. Niall had just left? This was Niall's choice? He left to find Greg? He left to save Lux and Josh? He left without letting Harry go with him?

"Fuck!" Harry shouted, dropping the paper so his hands could fly to his hair and grab a handful of it rather than crumbling the paper, one of the only things he had left of Niall. "Fuck! Fuck, fuck, fuck!"

Harry broke down in tears. Niall, Niall, Niall. Fuck, fuck, fuck. He'd lost his husband just hours ago, because he didn't wake up and notice that Niall was gone. He didn't realize that Niall had gotten out of bed and just left. Why didn't he fucking wake up? Why was he such a heavy sleeper?

Harry let out a loud, loud sob, feeling his heart flop dead inside him. Niall was gone. Niall was probably being hurt and Harry was just sitting here crying his poor, weak heart out because he couldn't do anything.

"No, no, no." Harry whispered, curling into himself. He buried his face in his knees, his hands still gripping tightly to his hair. Niall was gone. Gone, gone, gone. Harry may never, ever see him again.

There was no way to track him- Niall left his phone. There was no way to know where he'd gone. Harry was sure Niall didn't take the car. Should he go to the police? But then what? What would he tell them? Niall wasn't kidnapped, and telling them that would be lying. He supposed that was his last option, though. Lying to the police, telling them Niall was kidnapped. But then they would look for traces of a break-in and his footprints. They'd find nothing. The police were useless. Niall went willingly, and the police would find that out soon enough, especially if they found that note.