Chapter 8

Niall sat on his bed, Harry right next to him. Only Harry was asleep, because it was one o'clock in the morning. But Niall couldn't sleep. He couldn't sleep when he had thoughts like this on his mind; thoughts of what the hell he was supposed to do to get in contact to Greg.

He fisted at his hair, growling at himself in anger. Tears came to his eyes, and he just wanted to burst out crying, because he was completely lost. He didn't know what he was supposed to do. How hard was it to save someone you care about? Niall felt completely useless. First he couldn't escape by himself, ending up dragging his boyfriend and his best friends into a horrible situation. Now he couldn't find a way to get in contact with the man that was stalking him. A man that was always, always around him, and he couldn't find him.

"What do you want?" Niall whispered to himself, not quite sure what he was talking about; not sure who he was talking to- Greg or himself. He gripped his hair tighter, more tears coming to his eyes. "What do you want, what do you want, what do you want?"

Niall's voice got progressively louder and his grip got tighter and his tears got heavier. Soon, he was sobbing, screaming, and his knuckles were turning red. He hardly noticed.

Harry woke up pretty quick, hearing screaming from right next to him. He sat up quick and turned on a lamp,s lightly relieved when he saw it was only Niall. Then he saw the redness of Niall's face and fingers and heard what he was chanting, "what do you want, what do you want?" and he got worried.

"Niall?" Harry said softly, pressing a hand to Niall's shoulder. Niall jerked away, ending up in him falling off the bed, landing hard on his back. Harry scrambled out of bed and fell to Niall's side. Niall was sat up, now, and he'd stopped screaming.

Niall's throat felt raw from the screams and tears. Harry wrapped his arms around Niall and held him close, really, really close. Niall buried his face in Harry's neck. All he wanted to do was feel useful- to save Josh and Lux and keep Greg away from everyone else. Why couldn't he do that? Why couldn't he just save them?

"Niall?" Niall realized Harry was saying his name, and he tuned in to listen to Harry's words, trying to silence his sobs. "Niall, honey, what's wrong? What happened?"

"Bad dream." Niall lied, leaning his head against Harry's shoulder. Niall was properly curled into Harry, now, and he felt safer than ever. He didn't want to feel safe. Him being safe meant his friends weren't safe, and that's not a feeling he wanted to have.

"I'm sorry, honey." Harry whispered, running his hand over Niall's arm. "You're okay. It's okay. Everything's okay now, I promise."

You're wrong. Niall wanted to shout. You're wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. You know nothing. You don't fucking know.

But he didn't. He just closed his eyes and fell back asleep on the floor, leaving Harry, who he hoped didn't mind, to get him back to bed.

===

Niall woke up with a horrible headache the next morning. There was a pain behind his eyes and his throat was still dry. He was still curled into Harry's arms, too, and that made him feel a little better. He tried not to think about what he thought about last night- that if he was safe, his friends weren't. He didn't want to think about that.

Niall wanted to sit up, but he also didn't want to get up out of Harry's arms. He was too comfortable, too tired, and too upset to move, so he didn't. He pressed a kiss to Harry's neck and just kept pressing kisses to his skin.

Cherish him while you can. Niall told himself as he slipped his hands under Harry's shirt, somehow not making him up. Cherish him while you can.

Niall sniffled after a few minutes of pressing kisses to Harry's chest. He realized that he and Harry had never actually had sex, because he was scared after what happened, and Harry was scared to hurt him after what happened.