Chapter 9

Niall got up early the next morning. He hadn't set an alarm or anything, and he'd been planning to start thinking of ways to get away from Harry so he could take himself to the address Greg had left for him. But it was five o'clock in the morning and Harry wasn't going to wake up for at least an hour.

Niall got up. He went into the bathroom and closed the door behind him. For a moment, he just leaned against the door, closing his eyes as he took a deep breath. I'm really doing this, aren't I?

Niall took off all of his clothes and stepped into the shower. He had to make this a quick one. If he left it on for too long, Harry would wake up and he wouldn't be able to leave.

Niall took a shower in two minutes, just washing his hair and body quickly. He turned off the water and grabbed a towel, drying himself off quick. He didn't bother wrapping the towel around his waist as he walked back into his room. He threw the towel in a hamper and grabbed a pair of pants, trousers, and a shirt, throwing them all on without a second thought.

Niall grabbed a piece of paper and scrawled out a note to Harry, leaving his phone beside it. Last time, Louis, Liam, Harry, and Zayn tracked him down because he had his phone. He wouldn't let that happen this time. He wouldn't let them be hurt again.

"I love you." Niall whispered as tears came to his eyes. Harry looked so beautiful, laying in bed. He looked so peaceful, like he thought Niall was still in his arms. Niall pressed a kiss to Harry's temple and just stared for a moment. Beautiful, beautiful Harry. His beautiful, beautiful husband. "I love you so much."

Niall grabbed a pair of socks and left the room. He had the paper in his back pocket, the one with the address printed neatly on the bottom of it. He took a deep breath as he threw his socks and shoes on. It wasn't far, where he was going, and it was a good thing, because he wasn't planning on taking the car.

Niall left the house and walked down the street without looking back. He stuffed his hands in his front pockets and kept walking, walking, and walking until he came upon the building he'd been looking for.

It was a different building in the middle of a few abandoned-looking streets. Niall gulped and forced himself to walk up to the door. He turned the knob and the heavy door turned open. Niall pulled it open with most of his strength, cringing as it groaned.

"H-hello?" Niall stepped inside. The building was dark, even darker as the door creaked closed behind him. Niall took a deep breath. "I-I didn't bring anyone, I swear I'm alone. P-please don't- don't hurt Lux. Or Josh. I just- I'm here, okay? You have me, now. I give up!"

Niall waited, but there was only silence. His heart still raced and he still felt as if he were going to faint. His hands shook by his sides. His whole body shook after a few more moments. "Hello? I-I told you, I'm alone! I promise, I swear!"

Suddenly, there was a body behind his and a gloved hand over his mouth. An arm wrapped around his waist, pinning his arms by his sides. It reminded him a lot of the first time he was kidnapped, and Niall almost screamed. His heartbeat picked up even more and he began to cry.

"Hello, lovely." Greg's all-too-familiar rough voice growled. His chapped lips pressed a kiss to Niall's neck, and Niall began to cry even more. He heard the cry of a baby- Lux!- from somewhere upstairs. "I see you've decided to come back to me."

Niall nodded, hoping that would make Greg a bit happier. Greg smiled, and Niall could picture that smile in his mind. It was a smile he was so used to seeing- overrun with pleasure, horrid, horrid pleasure and happiness, and Niall wanted to throw up against the black glove over his mouth.

"And you want me to give the little baby back, don't you?" Greg asked. Niall nodded again, hoping he wouldn't get his jaw crushed for that answer. "Well, Niall, you've been a good boy the past few days. You didn't call the cops again, just like I told you not to, and you even sacrificed yourself for me. Do you really want me to give her back?"