Part 8 Home

Hello everyone!!

I uploaded a day earlier! :D I was able to write during my breaks at work

For Halloween we were lego people! Mine was a mariachi! It was awesome!! We didn't win the contest even though our craftsmanship was on point but oh wells!

__________________________________

"My name is Isabell... but everyone calls me Bell" I tell him after we wondered in to my place. I lived in an apartment complex so we had to climb up a couple flights of stairs. He let me drag him.

I wished I knew what he was thinking. I'm just a random girl dragging his grown ass through the city and now in to my home. I wasn't worried he would hurt me. There were just so many opportunities in the past that it just didn't seem like a possibility now.

I turned to him as he stared around my place. It was small, I didn't need much room and he looked giant in it. I just had a small kitchen, which thankfully I had cleaned up the day before. In the living room a small TV faced the couch whose back was to the kitchen to create a barrier. I didn't like that the small place blended in.

I had cream tiles in the kitchen, bathroom and the rest was a dark brown carpet. I had a small coffee table in the kitchen which served as my dinner table most nights and aside from the TV stand the rest of the living room was pretty barren. I did have an embarrassing stack of paperwork on the side of the TV that I tried to ignore.

I breathed in deeply catching his manly wood scent. I let my eyes drift close for just a second but they shot open when I felt his eyes on me. His eyes glowing a light blue like a clear summer sky. I felt embarrassed as my cheeks turned pink.

"Sorry it's been a long day" I answer truthfully. I slip out of my shoes at the entrance and drop down an inch. My head is barely at his shoulders now. He glances at my shoes before making his way over and taking his off. I move towards the kitchen seeking food.

"So I'm going to be honest with you... I'm not a great cook. I usually just work long hours and order pizza. This weekend I tried a new recipe for lasagna, it has spinach, I'll pop it in the oven it should be enough for us two" I say my cheeks glowing hot with worry. I pop open the fridge and slide out the glass container before popping it in to my oven and turning it on.

"Not much of a talker huh?" I say after turning around to see him standing in the living room. He just stares at me again but I catch a twitch of his lips as if he finds my rambling amusing.

"Do you want to take a shower while I tidy up in here? I have some clothes that might fit" I say looking away my eyebrows furrowing in thought. I felt a bit of awkwardness from us and I looked up at him as he looks around again.

"Oh sorry! The bathroom is here" I motion for him to go to my small hall the first door on the right. The one across is a closet and the one at the end is my bedroom. After explaining he still seems hesitant and I decide to shove him in the bathroom and close the door behind him. I wasn't sure where I was drawing this confidence from but it was nice.

"I'll bring something back" I go to my bedroom and dig through my pj drawer and find the biggest shirt I have. I often buy xl in men for sleeping comfort. This one in particular has a batman; my favorite hero, it came with shorts which I never wore because they would slide off.

"I have the clothes... I will leave them hanging on the-" I begin to say only to have the door swing open. I stared up at him my mouth must have hit the ground. He was gorgeous.

It's the first time I can see his body with good lighting so I drink up in his appearance. His long dark hair like ink was running down his shoulders sticking slightly to his forehead and jaw. His skin was sun kissed. Water droplets were running down his smooth neck, strong shoulders, chest and tight stomach, he didn't have abs but it was flat and a happy trail led my eyes down in to the towel wrapped around his waist. His body was in way better shape than I thought it would be.

He takes the clothes from me and I catch the briefest smile before the door closes behind him. I can't move from my spot staying glued there for a few minutes. I blink and retreat to sit in the living room trying to process what just happened. His body looked good, maybe a little thin but it wasn't malnourished. I hear a throat clearing and find him standing in the shirt and shorts.

They were a bit tight on his body but it was just for a night. I did get to notice that his thighs looked bulky almost like a bikers. I stand up quickly trying to stop myself from ogling. It's hard. I've never had a male in my apartment other than Jack and he was like a father. I wanted to deny that I felt interest in this guy, but I couldn't. There was just something about him.

"Let's have dinner" I say moving to the kitchen hoping that I didn't let the lasagna burn. I was lucky, it was perfect. I put it on the counter and cut us large slices and put it in a plate. I hand them to him and then grab two sodas and two waters from the fridge, just in case.

"Do you want to watch something?" I ask turning on the tv and flipping the channel. I usually put on the Mindy project as background noise, whenever I could tune in it was funny.

"News" he says after hesitating. I comply and stop when I find the News.

"It's all about the election right now..." I say with a loud sigh.

Just a few more days and it would all be over. I couldn't believe how ridiculous the elections had gone this year. There was only one person I could vote for but it was mostly out of need than want. I hoped he didn't win. I wished there was someone better running against him but it is what it is.

"Did you want more?" I ask him when I notice he had finished. He shakes his head but I frown. A man his size probably needs more calories. I cut him another piece and put it on his plate. He ate it quietly but there was now a softness in his shoulders.

"Well I am exhausted... how about you sleep on the couch?" I say after realizing I was dozing off while watching the news. I stood up yawning and moved over to grab him some spare sheets out of my closet. I gave him a pillow and hoped that his large frame would find some comfort on my couch.

"Good night if you need anything just knock on my door I'm a pretty light sleeper" I say with a soft smile as I glance at him. He was looking at the kitchen in question.

"Don't worry about the mess I will tidy up in the morning. I wake up really early anyways but you can sleep in all day if you want. I will get us take out for dinner" I say before adding another good night and head to my room. I didn't lock my door because I couldn't, it was broken. But also because I didn't think I had to.

It took me a long time to go to sleep because my mind kept drifting over to the male sleeping in my living room. I found my opportunity to pay him back for saving my life. I could only hope that he would let me.

It would be tough living with someone in my small apartment but it would probably only be a few months. I would have to really stretch my money to accommodate food and clothes for him but I would. I was determined to help him.

A part of me, one I was trying hard to suppress, wanted to help him in hopes of something developing. I shouldn't get emotionally attached. He was entitled to his own feelings and it wouldn't be fair for me to think there would be anything just because I am helping him. Especially because I was doing it to help another human being get back on his feet like Jack had with me. I shouldn't want anything in return. I should just be happy with helping.

Already my mind was creating scenarios with the memory of the bathroom. I tried to think about other things like cats and work but my last thoughts were of his eyes. My dreams were filled with strong arms wrapped around me and those vibrant blue eyes that always enticed me.

I woke up startled at my phones alarm. It took me a second for my vision to adjust. Usually I woke up before my alarm too stressed out about work to sleep enough. My phone let me know I had missed my original alarm and I had 15 minutes less to get ready now. It was fine but now I would have less time with him. I needed to ask his name.

I walked out to find my living room empty. My place was small enough that I could see the empty bathroom and kitchen from where I stood. There was no other hiding places. I felt disappointment tug at my heart, he was gone.