Part 5 Witch

NOT EDITED!!

Enjoy!

___________________________

I had slept on it. I wasn't as angry or hurt. I was just going to take all those emotions and channel them in to new energy the kind that will land me the job I want. After the park I made Claire take me to get a few new shirts and then we worked on my resume. I wasn't going to let anything stop me from leaving and getting the type of job I deserved.

Stephanie, she was branspanking new to the office and she got the promotion I wanted. Why? Well if I used what I saw at the park as evidence I could deduct that it was their sexual relationship. However, I didn't want to think that it was because of that. I will wrap myself up in a bubble of positivity perhaps my over qualifications frightened the new boss.

A woman had more to offer than her body. We could be just as smart as men. I didn't take kindly to anyone putting down woman. We had come so far and only time would tell how much further we could get. I personally couldn't wait in till we were the dominating sex. I didn't label myself a feminist but I certainly held some of their beliefs on equality.

When Monday came I was ready to go. I was going to walk in, head held high and do my job and do it right. I was also ready to fire back if I was given any task outside my job. I was going to remain professional I wasn't going to give them a reason to terminate me not at all.

"Listen we are going to have a meeting this afternoon could you run these reports?" Stephanie assaulted me as soon as she had looked at her computer. She was trying to pass her work to me!

"I can show you how to do it but now that you've moved in to your position this is your responsibility Stephanie" I say looking down at her notes and then glancing down at my plate with my name and title on there. I was a "Receptionist" as the title stated and if I wasn't going to get the promotion, pay and benefits than why should I help her out?

"You know I'm very busy... I might have to go to your boss about this. I'm sure he will agree with me" she says giving me a snarky reply. I stare up at her innocently unaffected by her reply.

"Shall we ask? I think I need a refresher on what my Reception duties are..." I say. But even as those words left my mouth I felt my inside resolution waver. Because let's be honest if she was getting special treatment then he would agree with her on this.

"You know what! Never mind... just make sure you have my coffee ready in five" she says with an overly exasperated sound. I could tell that she would try to make my day hell now. That was fine by me, kitty got claws but I am a Witch.

Witch, knowing that was my nickname somehow brought power within me. It made me feel like I was special, I wasn't just some cubical mindless zombie, no; I was a witch. I wasn't going to let anyone or anything make me something I wasn't. Ever since I got the nickname I allowed it to give me a sort of confidence I never could muster without it.

I watched her retreat to her office and I slowly walked towards the kitchen. I made her coffee finding no need to rush. When I was finished I went to serve her the beverage. She snatched it up and paid me with another snarky jab this time at my crappy coffee skills. At least she didn't make me redo it just asked that next time I find the time to run across the street to get her a good cup.

The rest of the week went pretty uneventful. While at work Stephanie tried to boss me around on any "reception" duties she could think of, it didn't' bother me. I've already lost a lot and been through enough that her petty bulling couldn't do any damage to me. But I was glad that it drove her crazy. Good.

My boss on the other hand made sure to give me plenty of work. I wasn't sure if she had said something to him or if it was just his standard lack of worth ethics. Still every night when I was off I would walk around trying to find places I could apply at. I also tried to check out indeed a website with jobs postings. Claire was also trying to find me a job through friends. It was safe to say I was doing everything in my power to get out.

I often wondered what it would be like if Jack was alive. I sigh trying to push those thoughts away. I was happy with the short time we had and I shouldn't let me self concentrate on the past. I had to keep moving forward. I had to push my self and keep moving up. I don't ever want to be poor like I have up in till now.

It wasn't like people liked to be poor. Sometimes it was just bad luck that brought you down. But I wasn't going to let that bad luck I had face keep me down. I had promised Jack I would go back to school and keep working and that's what I am going to do.

_________________________________________

I'm sorry this is short!

I have to work on my Halloween costume for work! :( They are very competitive there!

How are you guys liking the story so far? Do you like her nickname? Please let me know! Thanks all!

In November I will be doing a lot more uploading since there are a lot of paid holidays off for me!! So I will try to upload more/longer chapters! Thanks everyone!