Part 4 Life

Not EDITED!

enjoy!

________________

I always enjoyed the feeling after volunteering. It felt like I could make a difference even if it was at such a small scale. I loved animals but I couldn't own any not just because of how busy I was. It also had to do with the way pet owners were treated. Many apartments had an additional deposit for pet owners starting at $500 and even pet rent! I understand pets could make damages to the apartment but my pet wasn't going to work and earning a wage so why did they need to be charged $50 a month per animal? It was just a big scam to make more money. I've had friends who didn't get their deposit back for it.

I did my research the only way to get out of it was to go to get a certification for your pet as an emotional assistant animal. Even though I worked full time my benefits were shit so I couldn't go to one and pay the deductible to pretend to have an emotional destress for a pet I couldn't care for. I guess I would have to settle for just being able to play with the shelter kitties. I bet having a pet would be life changing, like having a child, all of a sudden you have a little creature that needs your love and protection.

"So Witch why don't you come more often?" I flinch getting startled. I had been the only one in the wash room. We just had one stall everyone shared but I was just washing my hands to get rid of all the fur on them.

"I'm always busy with work. I work full time but work tends to follow me home sometimes" I reply with a tight smile as I dry my hands and move out of the way. He goes over to wash his as well, he must have been taking care of the older cats.

I often wondered why people get so upset about sharing bathrooms with men and woman if they were transgender or not. I've never had a problem here. It's a matter of teaching everyone how to behave and treat everyone well. Of course there will always be people who take advantage of the situation. But you can't shut yourself off from new experiences and from life just because of the fear.

"Jeez, I'm so glad that when I leave work its over" he says with an exasperated sigh. He turns to me as he finish drying his hand with a slight smile.

"Wanna take a break together?" I ask glancing at my phone. I had decided to take a 15 to get a snack and then I would volunteer two more hours. I normally did a total of 6.

"Sure" he says as he guides me out. I feel his palm grace my lower back and I flinch hurrying my step. I'm sure this is casual and something I should be used to, but I'm not, not with this stranger.

"So how often do you volunteer?" I ask as I grab some tea and chips. The staff here was pretty nice and they often bought snacks for the volunteers.

"Ones a week usually Saturdays" he comments taking a soda. We both sit at a small table facing each other and I begin to dig in to the chips.

"That's nice of you. Do you have any pets?" I ask glancing at him.

"A cat, but he is my sisters. We live together. How about you?" he asks and then takes a long gulp of his soda. I wondered why some people didn't feel the irritation of the carbonation with prolong expositor. I know when I tried to do that I always gave up after a short gulp.

"None but I would love a cat! They are the best" I say with a soft smile.

"If I could I would adopt them all. But I don't have the space for that yet" he says with a confident grin. Josh seemed like a very easy going dude.

"I hope they get to go to their forever homes soon" I say finishing up my snack.

We always like to refer the pets adoption home as their forever home because we really hope and pray that ones they get adopted that they will stay with that family always. I would hope that if they decided to adopt the pet than they wouldn't return it or leave it abandoned. That they would always be loved and cared for. I wished there weren't any strays and that everyone who wanted one could have a pet! If only I was president.

"Next weekend we are going to have an adoption event if you want to help out there is still space" he says crushing his can and tossing it to the recycle bin. I tossed mine in the trash and washed up, sometimes cats would nip my fingers if I handled food.

"I will think about it..." I say not feeling too confident about it. I just never knew when the next big project was going to be dumped on me. Besides I had to make time to redo my resume and find places to apply for. But an adoption event would be fun and I would get to see the cats going to their forever homes.

I finished volunteering for the day and the rest of the day was just spent getting rotisseries, doing laundry and  cleaning my home. It was a pretty easy and uneventful day. I was starting to feel like an old spinster but then my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered knowing the only person that could call me was my best friend Claire.

"Lets go out to the lake tomorrow!" She says before hanging up. Her drunk ass must have gotten an idea that I was now a part of. I smile and shake my head before putting my phone away.

The next morning Claire picked me up bright and early. Claire is the type of girl that bounces back from a night of drinking with just an hour of sleep. I was just glad that she remembered to bring breakfast.

We ended up going to Lake Murray it was a public park. It was nice aside for the fact that you couldn't go all the way around. You could only get about 2/3rds in before you had to turn around and go back. The weather was nice, as always, and it was fun to talk to Claire.

It didn't take long for us to get around the lake but it did take us longer to walk back

It didn't take long for us to get around the lake but it did take us longer to walk back. We ended up going off the trail. We really shouldn't have gone off the path tho, there were rattle snake signs all over.

"Oh my god!" Claire yelled pushing me behind a prickly bush. I was about to curse her out when she held her finger up to her lips. I frowned and looked over at the path. I watched and my eyes widen at who I was seeing. It was my boss and that bitch that got the promotion! They ran past us.

"It could mean anything" I say standing up. I was glad we were close to the parking lot by this time because I took off running towards the car.

"It could be anything" Claire says as I look out the window feeling upset all over it again. I didn't want to assume that she got the job because they were doing anything. I didn't see them making out. I didn't see anything that could be misinterpreted but I was just so upset about it.

"Lets just go home..." Claire said after we had been sitting there a while. I bet she was hoping the cute ducks walking in front of our car would help us out. I took a deep breath in and let it out slowly annoyed.

"Yeah its not like I saw any-" I stop as I look past Claire and spot my boss and notice his hands grasping a bitches ass. I just stared my mouth had dropped down to the ground. There was no way they didn't have a sexual relationship.

I just couldn't believe this. Was this what life was like? You work hard. You gain skills and give your life to something you care about just so someone else who is prettier can come and take it away!

________________________________

I hope you liked the update! Sorry If it was boring! I kind of wanted to write something more life like.

If you did like it PLEASE give it a star!