Chapter 4

"You know what, Malcolm?" Harper asked rhetorically before pointing a finger at the boy, "You're a selfish, conceited pain in the ass!" Malcolm stared at his friend with his jaw open wide but soon he stand angrily.

"Hey, what your problem!?" He yelled back at her gaining the attention of the whole school, Harper gritted her teeth.

"You wanna know what my problem is?" She asked, Malcolm just glared back at her, "Fine, my problem is that my one and only best friend forgot my birthday for some air-headed slut!" She yelled, Malcolm gave a shocked look.

"B-birthday?" He asked, Harper nodded before grabbing her bag and walking away. The whole school had been huddled around them and were whispering about Malcolm.

"Stupid idiot," Harper said wiping a tear out of her eye before bumping into someone, she stopped and looked up to see Reese standing in front of her, "Oh, hi Reese, I didn't see you there." She simply said, Reese smiled at her.

"It's okay, I was just looking for you," He said causing Harper to raise an eyebrow, unlike other kids Harper was never really scared of Reese which would usually make him mad, "Happy birthday." He said taking out a cupcake with orange frosting, orange was Harper's favorite color, she grabbed the cupcake carefully and smiled at him.

"Thank you, Reese," She said when she noticed the many papers spilling out of his bag, "You need help with that homework?" She asked pointing at his overflowing bag.

"Could you?" He asked, she nodded sitting on a nearby table and patting the seat next to her, "By the way, what happened with Malcolm?" He asked leaning in towards her, Harper glanced at him afore looking back down.

"It was nothing, he forgot my birthday that's all." Reese instantly grabbed her shoulders.

"He forgot your birthday? What kind of friend does that?" He cried shaking her, Harper grabbed his arms before giving a small smile.

"Stop, it's okay," She simply said before pointing to the pile of homework, "Let's get started on this." Reese made a sour face.

"You should stop hanging out with him, I could use company." Harper looked up at Reese with shocked eyes but smiled.

"Thanks, I'd like that." She said, Malcolm stood a few feet away from the two feeling angry that his brother had just stolen his best friend.