Chapter Six: What or who,is that?

(Chapter 6)

As we all walked to the woods outside we gradually shifted. There were only about ten of us including me, my dad, Chase, and Emmitt. Wow, I didn’t even realize that we made up half of our patrol….weird.

Hey Abby, we’re approaching the sight along the border where we located the strange scents’

‘Okay, dad, did you inform the rest of the guys?’

‘Yes, they are all up to date now on the location’

‘Alright’ Wow, I didn’t even know that we were already so close to the border. And our territory wasn’t small either…Well, must have been caught up in my..

‘We’re here, stay in your wolf forms for now.’

‘Yes sir’ We all said in unison.

As we all started to sniff around for any sort of mind trigger me and Emma decided to wander a little ways away from where my dad and the pack had originally went to.

Emma and I are really good with our noses and things. I once smelled the Taco Bell in town forty-five miles away from it…Yeah I’m awesome like that-

“Whoa, what..what is that” I breathed out. It sort of looks like a werewolf. But then again no…

“What-oh, that?”

Yes, that!” This is kind of scary. There is a random, thing, lying in front of me.

“Uhhhh, I’m not really sure what that is.” Me neither…Well only one way to find out.

“Let’s wake it up!” This is going to be interesting.

“Okay, but let’s shift first just in case it doesn’t like wolves.” Psh! Who wouldn’t like us as wolves? I mean come on! Emma is chocolate brown and I’m silvery-white! Two very nice colors for wolves I might add.

“Fine, but even if we were in wolf form, that thing would love us!”

“I know it would, now here are your clothes. One, two, three.” Yup, the only reason she does that is to make sure we turn and change at the same time.

“Alright, now that we are no longer a threatening species, let’s wake it up!” Yes, let’s!

I knelt down next to it and slowly inched my hand towards it.

When I touched it, it was surprisingly really soft under my touch. Huh, I kind of like the feeling of this fur.