Chapter 5

Jay's Pov

I woke up to a pounding headache and little memory of what happened last night. As I start to get out of bed I can’t seem to move my left arm. I slowly turn to see what’s holding my arm down and see a head of dirty blonde hair.

Shit.

What is she still doing here, she was meant to sneak out before I wake up that’s the rules. I comb back through my memory trying to remember her name. 

Mary? Lucy? Wait she looks like a Maria or could it be a Elise. Yes Elise it is.

As I sat there trying to think of a plan to get me out of this, I start considering eating my arm off and getting myself a prosthetic arm. Suddenly the girl tries move closer to me and I freeze, she lets out a small moan and falls straight back to sleep. I try to slowly try to pry my arm out from under her but her head seems to weigh a ton, funny because it seems like there’s nothing useful in there.

'Shh, Elise, it’s okay.' I say trying to slowly lift her head from my arm 'Come on Elise, I have to go.' I stroke her hair ‘Come on babe, wake up.' 

The bitch doesn’t seem to want to move.

‘Elise get the fuck out of my bed!' I shout. 

Still nothing. 

However my attempts of getting out of bed  are interrupted with my bedroom door being slammed open, the blonde haired girl jumps up from bed and turns to face the loud sound. Her hair is sticking up at all angles and her makeup is smudged.

I quickly free my arm and look towards the door to see Luke standing in boxers.

‘What’s going on?’

I give him the look and he quickly nods.

‘You’re cheating on me Jay?’ Luke shouts

‘I can explain!’ I say

‘No Jay, this is the 3rd time this month. I can’t deal with this anymore.’ Luke says his voice breaking like he’s about to cry, he dramatically walks out and slams the door shut. I hear blood curdling scream and look up to see a lampshade flying towards me

I quickly duck and it smashes on the wall behind me.

'Woah Elise be careful with that, nearly lost a tooth.' I say half laughing

The girl looks at me with pure shock, her mouth is hanging open and her eyes are wide.

'My...my names not Elise!'

'Are you sure? You look like an Elise to me,'

'I'm Katherine.' She says giving me a long hard glare.

I shrug and she goes to punch me but I’m too quick and grab her fist.

‘Get off me asshole.’

‘That’s not what you were saying last night.’ I say with a smirk

She purses her lips and quickly scrambles around to find her clothes and bag and runs out the room sobbing.

When I hear the front door slam shut I know it’s safe to come out. I put on some trackies not bothering to find a t-shirt and go into the kitchen too see Luke looking through the fridge.

‘How was my acting?’ Luke says with a smirk pouring himself a glass of orange juice. 

We have a rule where no girl stays unless we actually like her, so we perfected an excuse for any girls who don’t get the hint.