15| Three Months

Cassie Aubrey Thompson

That same night when Damon came over at my photoshoot to talk about Tyrek drafting, I came home and took a long hot shower, washing my hair and removing my make up. I reheated some leftover lasagna and some mash potatoes going to the living room to watch some Netflix with my baby girl, Aubrey. She came with her hair a little messy, with one of her toys and sat next to me going for my mash potatoes.

While, I was feeding her, I sign deeply as draft season was just in a few months. I was honestly scared. Being draft to a new team is a big deal towards any athlete player, it was like a big promotion that your boss offered for you. Ty have been with his team since college years and it really left a huge reputation in his hands. Even, at 26 he's still the, Young Face of Basketball. There have been a couple of draft boys who were straight out of college and they still haven't achieved that label that Tyrek have. It was crazy. Just thinking about this makes me rethink my whole life, I really want to know what Ty is going to do and how I'm going to handle it.

Just in cue, I've heard the door unlocking with a groan coming right in. Aubrey must've notice as she quickly jump off the couch leaving her toy behind just to greet her daddy. She peak around the corner and smile as Ty grab her making her laugh. He kiss all over her face and put her down, along with his keys on the counter. Coming towards me behind the couch he put his finger on my chin and lift my head back to give me one of those spider man kisses. "I'm tired as fuck, babe." He whispered on my lips. I push his face off mines and chuckled a little. Biting my lips, I thought about if I should even bring it up.

"What you been up too?" I asked him. He looks at me and I squint my eyes along with my lips. He laughs at me and shook his head removing his shirt.

"I've been hanging out with Tyler today. Haven't seen that little nigga in a minute." He said, shaking his head.

"He be chillin'." I said, laughing. "He funna' get all the girls in middle school."

He laughs. "Dead ass, man." He kiss me on the cheek, before going upstairs to probably take a shower. I stay sited in the couch with Aubrey just moving around while still eating my mash potatoes. I wasn't going to let this opportunity to talk about this with Ty pass. Everybody be on my skin about it and it made me hot, man. I want to know what he's going to do and how he is planning it.

Blowing out a sign, my phone vibrates and I see Kendra calling me. I answered and put my phone on my ear. "Hello?"

"Hey, did you know about this singer name, Leilah album party?" She asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Girl," She laughs. "This dime put the invitation on Instagram and have your name as a celebrity guest."

"Celebrity guest? I've told her I'll think about it, I wasn't really goin'." I said. I place my plate on the table in front of me and put Kendra on speaker to check out this invitation to her 'mixtape' party. The fuck she's calling it an album party for. Going to search for her Instagram name, I see that I was already tag in by a bunch of people. I look over and see that I was in her invitation, with a small portion of me in it on the side with one of my modeling picture. Of course, she had to use the one with me in a bathing suit. "This bitch, bruh."

"Looks like she needs recognition for her mixtape party." Kendra said. I shook my head and decided to like her picture just for the fun of it. Now, that she put me out there like that, maybe I should go just to stunt on her little mixtape birthday party.

"Y'all should come with me, just for a little fun. Also, to make up that party from last time." I chuckled lightly and make sure to look behind to see if Ty was there. He still doesn't know that I was at Sarah Skye's party just for spying on him.

"Hmm, you do own us. Making us look for you and shit." I laugh at that just imagining them searching the club for me. "But, its whatever. I'll talk to you later, girl, DJ keeps eating all the damn chicken wings he brought for us." She semi-yelled.

"Alright, tell the girls about the party, I'll see you later."

"I gotchu', bye." She hang up, while I toss my phone next to me. Surprisingly, I wasn't even that hungry anymore and Aubrey seem to have ate all my mash potatoes. I sat back and continue watching some old cartoon that was on patiently waiting for Ty to come back down. He was up for an awfully long time. Taking a shower doesn't take that long until you real dirty and musty.

Before, I could even complain some more, Ty came downstairs with just his basketball shorts on and his phone. "You can't be that dirty, babe?" He looks at me.

"Was I up that long?" I nodded. "Sorry, bae, I was on the phone with someone."

"Who?" I asked.

"Uh, Darwin Skye." My heart lightly pound at the mention of his name. It's my damn chance now.

"Forreal, about what?"

"About the draft shit." He mumbled. Looking at him, I took a deep breathe and went ahead.

"Are you plannin' on accepting it?" He didn't answer me. I thought he was probably thinking about it, but then I got a little annoyed with it. "Ty."

"I don't know, Cat." He finally said. "I really don't want to talk about this again." Knitting my eyebrows I got up a little.

"Again?" I said. "We never even talk about it, not even once, Ty."

"C'mon, Cat," he said. "Shit like this is complicated, I'm just not ready yet to talk about this yet."

"You got three months left. Hurry up and see where you're goin' with your decisions, cause' every time someone mentions about you and your draft shit, I get a mini breakdown for that shit." I lean back on the couch and continue watching television.

Tyrek Johnson

After, Cat stop talking, I didn't bother to reply back to her. I could see that this drafting thing is bothering her and she wants to know what I'm going for, but I have three months left to decide on it. Even, though Darwin is up my ass everyday 24/7 and mainly everybody I care about knows about it, it makes it even harder to think of a final decision and go for it. Sometimes I wish I wasn't in a position of drafting. If I was single and didn't really worried about being commitment with a child, then maybe it would be easier for me to make this decision.

But, being married-well, engage to the person who I loved who's carried my child for nine months to be here with me is a damn blessing. Not many niggas like me have something like this. Cat isn't after my money like those groupies were at Sarah Skye's party. Like, it was rough not to watch the girls with those tight fitted dresses, with there big fake asses and silicone boobs dancing in front of you trying to show off.

I did leave the club for a little, but went back in as I haven't really had fun in a long time. I stayed faithful in there, but it was great to hang out with the guys again. I look over at Cat and see her watching Aubrey playing her teacup play set. I didn't realize she was wearing her tutu and little tiara on her head, like she's the little princess that she is. Just thinking about this, makes me wonder what would happen if I accept this draft and move all the way to California, leaving my team, my memories and my family behind.

Apparently, the only people I would have that I know, is Cat, Aubrey and probably Darwin, along with Steve Kerr. I'll be the newbie all over again and have to makes relationships all over again. Shaking my head, I took out my phone from my pocket and check my notification to see that I was tag on some Instagram photo. I went ahead and check it out and see some girl name Leilah having some album party next weekend with a celebrity guest. Checking the photo a little more closely, I've notice Cat's body and face, also she was tag on the photo. Licking my lips, I ignored it. I'm surprise she didn't told me she was going to some party next weekend. Debating with myself whether I should told her or not, I just keep watching some television.

Instagram: gxnesisss_