Chapter Six: Part ||

•Alia PoV•

I want to tell him. But I can't seem to form the words in my dry mouth. The words won't come out. My eyes are closed, and refuse to open on my command.

Damn you.

It seems as if Erik had never left my side. He patted a damp cloth to my forehead, slowly stroking he fingers across it; smoothing out the lines.

"My love, come back to me." He whispered in my ear.

His lips presses firmly against my forehead. As his other hand tucked my loose stray of hair behind my ear.

•A day later•

I slowly sat up in the bed. My legs were sickly weak, and I felt very lightheaded. My throat was dry, and felt very uncomfortable.

My hair was pulled back in one long braid. My skin was cold to the touch.

"My lady! You have awaken! I'll inform the Prince as once!" A scrawny girl sat beside me. She couldn't have been any younger then me. She quickly got up and ran out of the room.

I ran my fingers down the soft, white silky night gown that rubbed so nicely against my skin. I reach for the water that had laid on the night stand beside me.

My hands slowly wrap around it picking it up, ever so slowly.

Then... Smash.

It slipped between my fingers and felt onto the ground with a loud shatter the echoed in the room.

Oh Lord...

I throw the blanket off of me, and slipped my legs from under the wool blanket. I placed my feet onto the cools floor. I stand up, gripping hold of the bed. I take a step away from the bed, but soon stumbles to the floor.

"Ah!" I wince in pain.

Right then the door opened. Erik stood there; his eyes were wide with worry.

"Alia!" He rushed over to me, kneeling beside me.

I looked up at him meeting his gaze. I raise my hand, and slowly strokes his cheek as I see the worry in his eyes disappear. His hands slid under me, and lifted me up effortlessly. My arms wrapped around his neck, as my cheek pressed against his chest.

"Don't ever leave me.." He laid us both on the bed.

His hand wonders down my arm, giving my goosebumps.

"I'm sorry, My lord.."

"Erik. My name is Erik. Alia." He's eyes stared me down. "You mustn't let what that beast say get to you. Alia. I do love you."

Before I could say anything his lips pressed firmly against mine. My mind was racing and butterflies filled me stomach. My fingers entangled themselves in his hair. He groaned in approval. His hands travel down I the small of my back, softly rubbing in circles.

A quiet knock filled the silence. Erik pulled away and looked at the door.

"Come in.."

The queen stood there smiling.

"I heard she is awake now. I'm sorry for my sudden appearance. I would just like to give her a gift." She walked in slowly.

I looked up at her with curiosity eyes. She had nothing in her hands. What could she possibility be giving me?!

" Alia... My gift to you. Is my blessing. You make my soon happy, and for that I am happy." She reached around her neck, and unclipped the necklace from her neck.

"My husbands mother gave this to me. It's a locket. She said that it's been passed down from many generations. Now it's your turn. Give this to your daughter if you have one, or to the woman that weds your son. It's your choice." She smiled, placing the locket on the table.

Did she just say...

My cheeks turned a bright shadow of pink.

Then she left...