End Game - Chapter 21

Chapter 21

            After what felt like a lifetime at the salon, we are ready to leave. It was actually only about 2 hours, but what I had done to myself in there will never be discussed again. I had a woman in places that, sadly, no one else had ever seen. I have never even looked at those places.

            So, here I am, a good two-hundred dollars poorer and still blonde. I came in here really wanting to try something new and surprisingly I did. I now have deep-red highlights throughout my hair. The underneath of the back is all red, so when I put it up in a pony you can really see it. It isn’t something too out there, but it’s a big step for me. I am also missing hair in a lot of places that I don’t even want to think about. I mean, I am going to be walking funny for a little bit. That shit hurts!

            Rayanne, of course, went crazy with the color. She is sporting an almost purple-burgundy. Man I wish I could pull that off. She looks badass. I wish I had the balls to do that. She cut her hair into this introverted bob, and one side is longer than the other. I, on the other hand, just got a few layers in my hair.

            “So you ready to go get pricked with a needle now?”

            I look at Rayanne and she is grinning from ear to ear. She knows how scared I am about this tattoo.

            “Ready as I will ever be.”

            “Okay, lets go pay for this shit. Just so you know, I made an appointment for you to get your makeup done here tomorrow before the show. My treat.”

            “Why do you think I need help with my makeup? Do I really do that bad of a job?”

            “Stop it Hannah. I just want you to rock the rocker look. You and I both know that we suck at the smoky eye look.”

            I know she is right, and I shouldn’t have gotten defensive right away. I need to work on that. Not every one is out to get me or doesn’t think I am good enough. I have to stop letting my mother ruin all my relationships, even the ones that are only in my head. Like Zane and I.

            “I’m sorry Ray. I know that you are just trying to help me. I really do appreciate all that you do for me.”

            Rayanne takes my hand and we start walking out of the salon. There is so much I have to say to her and so many thanks I have never said to her.

            “I mean it Ray. I am really sorry, and I hope that you know how much you mean to me. I don’t know where I would be, or what I would be, if it wasn’t for you.”

            I am starting to tear up. I have never actually put into thought how much this girl has done for me. Even the little things that she doesn’t know have helped me pull through another day. There were many days she would tell me how amazing I was, for no other reason than knowing I needed to hear it.

            Rayanne stops walking and looks at me, also with tears in her eyes. I hope she isn’t mad at me and knows how much she means to me.

            “Hannah you never have to say thank you to me. I love you. You are my sister, and I will always be here for you. Even when you don’t want me, I will be here.”

            “I couldn’t ever want you not helping me or being there for me Ray.”

            “Oh sweet Hannah. You say that now, but I haven’t even started interfering in your life yet. I am not letting you walk away from possibly a lifetime of happiness with the guy you love, because of some stupid shit your mom put in your head. So just watch out. You don’t know when I will strike.”