End Game - Chapter 9

Chapter 9

            Rayanne and I walk to meet up with Zane. The first thing I notice is that he is walking with some other guy. Great, I hope this guy doesn’t hit on me and piss Zane off. Did that thought just enter my mind? I never would have worried about a guy hitting on me at all. Wow, guess I am becoming full of myself. Better late than never.

            Before I can say hello to Zane, I see Rayanne’s face go from happy to pissed in 2.5 seconds flat. 

            “What the hell is he doing with you Zane?” Rayanne asks the guy next to Zane. 

            Rayanne knows this guy, but I know nothing about him. The entire time Rayanne was here last year she never really dated. She told me she only hooked up with a few randoms every once in awhile. All I can think is if Rayanne dated this guy, and she never told me, we have a lot of work to do on our friendship.

            “As usual, it is a pleasure to see you dear Rayanne,” the nameless guy tells Rayanne. 

            Okay this guy is a douche bag. Who says shit like that, unless they are trying to be a douche.

            “Shut the hell up Collin,” Rayanne tells him.

            “Rayanne, why do we have to do this every time we see each other? I have told you a thousand times how sorry I am for everything that happened. I never meant to hurt you and you know it,” Collin tells Rayanne.

            “I am not having this discussion with you now or ever again,” Rayanne tells him and then walks away.

            I continue to stand there, wondering what the hell just happened. How do I not know what is going on here? I am so confused, and to be honest, hurt. Why hasn’t Rayanne told me about him?

            “Okay, well, I guess I will be going,” I start saying as I am walking away.

            Zane grabs my arm and stops me from leaving. “Hannah, please wait. I am so sorry for ruining lunch. I had no idea Collin and Rayanne knew each other. I know that you have to go after Rayanne, but do you think later tonight we could, I don’t know, have dinner or just hang out at your place?”

            “Yes, come over tonight around seven. Does that work for you?” I ask him. As badly as I want to push him away, I just as badly want him close. What is wrong with me?

            “I will make it work. I promise I will be there.”

            Just as I was about to turn back to walk away Collin, aka douche bag, started talking. “I am sorry this is how we are meeting Hannah, but I kind of feel like I already know you because Rayanne talked about you all the time.”

            “I really wish I could say the same about you, but I have no idea who you are or what you did to Rayanne. Do you want to tell me your version of what happened before I find out the real version from Rayanne?” I asked him, not quite sure how all of that just came spitting out of my mouth. I am sure not myself the last few days. I can almost feel myself becoming a different version myself. I have only been away from my mother for less than two weeks and my insides are always changing.

            Collin is standing at my side and starts laughing and smiling. “Well, I am not sure I can give you my version of the story, but I can tell you what happened between Ray and I. We went out a few months last year and I kind of forgot to tell her that I had a girlfriend back home. One weekend that said girlfriend surprised me with a visit. That was also the weekend that Ray and I said I love you to each other, and this girlfriend walked in on us in a very compromised position.”