End Game - Chapter 16

Chapter 16

            I wake up the next day, not really sure if I feel like adventuring to classes today. I mean, for one, I am still honestly a little shaky about what happened with Jason, and second I don’t want to run into Zane. Okay, a part of me wants to run into him, but don’t want to make a fool of myself. I am so confused about what he said last night and what it means. I am going to will myself to not get my hopes up, and to just pretend what he said and did last night was because of him being punched in the face. Yes that is what I am going to do, and Jason can kiss my ass. I am not going to let that asshole determine how I live my life.

            I decide right then and there that I have spent most of my life being afraid of my mother and the world. Actually, not most of my life, but my entire life, I have lived in fear of her and being hurt. I am taking that back.

            I feel like a run would do me good this morning, so I put on my running shorts and an t-shirt, pull my hair into a messy bun and head out of the apartment. Rayanne must be still be sleeping because the apartment doesn’t look like a tornado went through it. I can always tell when Rayanne has left for the day. I mean, I love the girl, but she is a slob.

            I am going down the stairs of the apartment building and I hear my name being called. I turn and see Collin running towards me. He comes up to me and hugs me, which I find super odd. No guy, besides Zane, has ever really hugged me before. I know he is Rayanne’s man, and I am dorky in love with Zane, but a girl can look.

            “Hannah! I am so glad I caught you before you started running, because I hate running and I would have never caught you. First, Zane told me about last night. I want to promise you that the douche bag has been taken care of. He already has his shit packed and ready to go. To be honest with you, this isn’t the first time something like this has happened, and we decided if anything else like this happened again he would be gone. All the guys are a little ashamed of ourselves for not doing it earlier.”

            “You guys have nothing to be ashamed of,” I tell Collin.

            “That is sweet of you to say, but maybe if we had done something earlier he wouldn’t have had as many chances.”

            “What do you mean?” I ask him.

            “Well Jason uses the frat as a way to pick up chicks, and now that he has been kicked out, people will ask questions why and hopefully not as many girls will go out with him.”

            “You can’t be held responsible for that Collin. Jason has something seriously wrong with him. And frat or not, he will continue to do what he does. I just wish that I wasn’t so chicken to report him. I am just terrified that I would get into trouble, because he didn’t get very far and I am the one that hit him.”

            “Hannah you did what you thought was right, and you can’t be held responsible for how messed up the system is.”

            “Thanks for saying that Collin. I am just terrified of how guilty I will feel if and when he does succeed at it. I don’t want another girl going through that, or worse, because I didn’t say anything.”

            “Hannah I promise that I will do all that I can to put the word out there about why he got kicked out of the frat. I mean it usually takes a lot longer to get kicked out, but Jason was on his last chance.”

            “So you gonna run with me or what?”

            “How about…what,” Collin said sarcastically.