Chapter Eight: Stolen Kiss

Sienna looked at her reflection in the washroom mirror.

She sighed. It was at time like these that she was well and truly alone, and could be a little self obsessed, and let her guard down. True, she wasn't your typical mean girl. She had a weird group of friends (well, according to the school), not 'followers', as Kelly Riker did. She didn't command anybody, but she had her own imposing personality that made everyone do what she wanted. THAT was what set her apart. Also, that was the reason why Kelly hated her. Sienna bet that, if a poll for the best queen bee EVER happened, she'd win, no question.

Suddenly, her self praising thoughts were interrupted by a high squeal of giggles. Definitely made by a girl. They sounded familiar, too.

"Don't tell me, Luke, you cut class to be with me!"

Shit, it was Kelly freaking Riker. Wait, what did she say? LUKE was with her?? What the hell?

"If it makes you feel better, sure, I cut class for you. But otherwise, no. I cut class because I don't like it."

"Wow, I think I'll stick with the first explanation!" Then she laughed.

Sienna crept to the edge of the entrance of the washroom, and peeked. Kelly was leaning back against the wall, and Luke was standing in front of her. REALLY close. Her heart started beating faster. What was going to happen?

"So, are you, like, available Friday night? The girls and I are going to Club Lucia at the Promenade, with some freshmen. Wanna come? It'll be fun."

PLEASE SAY NO, Sienna pleaded in her mind. She couldn't have him going to a skank party, pretending to be older, when he was just thirteen. He was still her innocent Luke, right?

"Hmmm...I don't know, Kel. I guess I have something to do anyway. Maybe sometime later?"

THANK GOD, Sienna breathed in relief.

"But, I can make up for it." he said, his tone playful and light. Oh no.

"Ok...show me what you've got, Striker." She giggled, and Sienna watched in horror.

Luke leaned towards Kelly, and they both kissed. French kissed. Shit. NO WAY. Sienna tore her view away from that ghastly sight, shock colouring her every thought.

WHY, LUKE? Why would you do something like that? Make out with the bitch? How many girls have you kissed before her anyway? And why wasn't I one of them? She thought.

"Oh god, Luke! You ARE amazing! We should have done this long time before, right? Tell me this, am I better then Fake Queen Shit?"

Sienna snapped at that. Fake Queen Shit? Seriously?

Luke faltered at that.

"I haven't kissed her. Can you ask sensible questions?"

"Yet. Whatever. I thought it was pretty obvious. Anyway, I didn't come here to cut class. Better go before Ms. K gets super mad. Bye." Then Kelly turned and left. Luke just stood there.

"What was that all about?" Sienna couldn't wait anymore. Luke turned, surprised.

"Si! What the hell? Did you just..did you watch that?"

"Yeah I did, Luke Striker, and you better explain yourself, because you're not getting out of this without an explanation!"

"What? I just kissed her! That's it!" He had raised his hands in defence, as if he could stop Sienna's anger with them. 

Sienna pushed him hard, and he stumbled.

"That's the problem, Luke! You make out with the wrong girls! If you're so into Fake Bitches, maybe you should stop being friends with me! Or any of us! And before you start defending your miserable case, I guess I finally saw your friendship! She called me Fake Queen Shit, and you just stood there! And when I called her a slut, you were like, no she's not! Guess I know where your loyalties lie, you miserable son of a-"

"Sienna, STOP!" Luke pushed her against the wall, and Sienna felt a new rush of feelings rise in her.

"You've got to be kidding me! I did nothing except kiss alright? You're making this appear bigger than it really is! I get that you hate her, but don't expect US to do the same! That's just like the typical queen bee thing, which I thought you weren't! What's freaking wrong with you??? You're talking about loyalty? Where's YOUR loyalty when you're flirting with Max Fetcher? You know I don't like him! Do I explode like you do? No!!! So what gives, huh?"

A sudden desperate urge overtook Sienna. Her feelings for Luke were jumbled. His words DID make sense, but she didn't pay attention to it. Luke was standing SO close, his arms on either side of her to prevent her from running away. It was TOO much. Sienna gave in.

She leaned forward and pressed her lips to his. 'Kiss' sounded too..romantic. This was just a way of letting it all go, the confusion, the anger, the sadness. A way of letting him know that she loved him. Loved, wow. From crush, it had suddenly escalated to LOVE. But she knew it was true.

Too soon, the kiss broke apart. Sienna did it. She was vulnerable now; she had let him know her true feelings. Luke was shocked. His arms had gone slack, and they were on his sides.

"I'm sorry." Sienna blurted, looking down. She didn't want him to see the tears forming in her eyes. She wanted to run away. She pushed him away.

"Si..."

"Don't. Just don't. It was a mistake, ok? You were yelling, and I had to make you stop." Her voice cracked. Then she fled.

"Sienna, wait!"

But Sienna didn't. She was now sure that it wasn't a stupid crush she had on Luke. It went way deeper than that. The stolen kiss only proved that.

She had to formulate a plan now. To save her friendship with Luke. Oh, god, it sounded impossible.

God save her now.