Chpater XIII: You Know Me Better Than I Know Myself

I was so weak, I could barely see baby Draco Malfoy was sitting across from me, looking at me. He walked over towards me and motioned his head towards the letter. I slowly sat up and wiped the tears away,  unfolding the sheet of paper. I took a deep breath and read on:

Draco,

You know how much I love you. You must also note that I love the Dark Lord, because I am a follower. I cannot stay put in one place for so long without having a planned out task. My task at Hogwarts was very simple: I needed to make friends with Potter so I could gain his trust to learn if he had anything on his mind against Voldemort. I needed to master my broom flying in case I got too weak to apparate. I also had to do perfect on my DADA's because it is practically a class that taught me how to defense myself against, well, myself, so by learning it I got to understand what mudbloods would do in case I stood up against them. To be honest, you were never in my initial plans. You were just some bump in the road that did nothing but to make me lose focus and waste more time. I do not blame you, though. I still love you. While you are reading this I will probably be heading to Malfoy Manor, so don't try to search for me anywhere, I will be too far from your reach. Your father mentioned how you would be getting marked as soon as you wanted to, since you are at the appropriate age. Feel free to, because that might be our only chance to see each other again. 

I love you more than I have ever loved anybody,

Dianna - - 

I finished reading the note with my eyes tearing up again. I stood up and walked towards my bed. I sat down there and found a dozen of papers and pencils laying there, next to me. I picked them up. They were all either drawings or lyrics of Dianna's. She had drawn me and her together, then she had written all of these lyrics, but I already knew them. She hadn't done any new ones, or so I thought. I ran through the papers once more to find one dating that same day. "Better Than I Know Myself (On the write)" it said. I raised an eyebrow and read on. 

Cold as ice

And more bitter than a December

Winter night

That's how I treated you

And I know that I

I sometimes tend to lose my temper

And I cross the line

Yeah that's the truth

I know it gets hard sometimes

But I could never

Leave your side

No matter what I say

Cause if I wanted to go I would have gone by now,

But I really need you near me to

Keep my mind off the edge

If I wanted to leave I would have left by now,

But you're the only one that knows me

Better than I know myself

It was about me, of course. But what caught my attention were the lyrics in the chorus. She said that if she wanted to go and leave by then, she would have done it. She did leave. And she said I was a bump in the road. She never really wanted me. But maybe she really did love me, since she always told me it with a sincere look in her eyes. I pushed every thought  I had back in my head. 

I needed time to think. I was actually glad that she was heading towards my house and I was going there the next day for Christmas break. It was my chance to learn the truth - what was going on between her and my father and hat exactly was her task.

I AM SUPER SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT AND FOR THIS SHORT CHAPTER, BUT I HAVE BEEN REEEALLY BUSY. I USED ADAM LAMBERT LYRICS, AS I AM ABSOLUTELY IN OVE AND OBSESSED WITH HIM. TUNE IN FOR MORE VERY SOON (I PROMISE) <3