Ch 5 - Memories

A/N

Something in going to happen in this chapter.... >:) Stay tuned, vote, comment - I especially love hearing what you think of it. 

Okay, let's do this without any further ado.

BTW! To anyone who can be bothered to read this.... HOW THE HELL DO YOU UPLOAD PCITURES ON WATTPAD IF THEY DON'T HAVE AN INTERNET LINK?!?!?!?! Someone please help....

This is gonna be nice and looooooong (I think) which will (hopefully) make up for the fact that I'm still working on Chapter 6 :P

Enjoy!

~NICO~

The salty droplets of water spilled from my tear ducks relentlessly - streaming down my cheeks as my shoulders heaved and I sobbed in what I hoped was a relative silence.

I was crying.

Christian had kissed me - and it wasn't like I could deny the face that I'd secretly wanted him to. I had. I'd been longing for our lips to touch all day.

So why was I crying?

Why did you push him away? I scolded myself. I'd been so horrible to him… the look on his face told me clearly - he thought it was somehow his fault that I'd shut down so suddenly. Why am I always like this?

I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to stop the tears that couldn't seem to stop running - like a leaking faucet, they dribbled down my cheeks, dropped off my chin and made little, wet stains on my shirt. Why, why, why…

My throat was sore as I swallowed uncomfortably. I knew why - I knew that I knew why… 

The memories played out before my closed lids, and there was nothing I could do to stop them. My quivering shoulders folded forward, I bit down on my lip so hard that the metallic taste of blood seeped into my mouth…

He towered over me, glaring down at me, unsmiling, as I writhed in pain below him. I was on my hands and knees - the cold, hard concrete under me pierced my palms and made my shins sore through my school pants. The pain through my stomach was almost unbearable - almost, but not completely. And I knew why I wasn't giving up just yet.

Jason crunched down in front of me - his head still far above mine, his sea-green eyes glowering down as the sunlight above us filtered through his hair; turning it the most beautiful shade of silver-blond. His arm shot forward as he grabbed a fistful of my dark hair, pulling me upright with it. I cry of agony escaped my lips.

My pain only made Jason chuckle sadistically. 'Poor Nico, poor, poor, Nico,' He muttered as his free hand curled into a fist.  I whimpered - I already knew what he was going to do with me. He pulled his fist back, then sent it slamming into my sore abdomen - I howled. It was excruciating… I can't take it anymore, I screamed inwardly, but another part of me shot the whining down. Remember, it warned, remember who you're doing this for.

I look up at him - he was glaring down at me, too, with bright, piercing green eyes. Our eyes connected - his eyebrows furrowed angrily. 'What are you looking at?' he demanded. 'WHAT?'

He clenched his fist once more, this time bringing his arm up so his scarred knuckled pressed up against my cheekbone. 'Got something to say?' he asked, raising both his eyebrows almost humorously.

I didn't think he expected me to answer… but I did anyway. I had to… I have to finally tell him.

'I love you,' I sobbed.