Chapter 1

I put my head phones in as I hopped off the bus and started to walk towards the hell hole, I'm forced to go to also known as school. I pushed through the front doors as the song ,Obvious by Hey Monday, started blasting through my ears. As I walked down the hall and to my locker I was shoved and pushed along the way. Once I'm at my locker I take out my head phones and pause my music, I'm greeted with a cheery hug and a bright smile from my best friend Airabelle.

"Hey, Cheesecake!" she said while squeezing me.
"Hey Peanut Butter." I say as she lets go and I slam my locker shut with my planner and  pencil in hand. We walk the rest of the way to homeroom in silence.

We go to our assigned seats as the bell rings and wait for the teacher to take roll.
"Adams?" The teacher calls and after that I zone out. About two minutes later I was brought back to reality when the teacher calls my last name "King!" and I mumble off a here and go back to daydreaming. I don't really have any thing to do because  I have every assignment done and handed in for the next two weeks. Yeah,go a head say it call me a nerd, not like I haven't heard it before. So for the next thirty-five minutes, I doodle in my planner.

When the bell rings I wait for Airabelle and then head for my locker. Once I throw my stuff in there I shut my locker and I stalk down the hall to the gym. Once I'm done changing I throw my hair up in a pony tail and walk in to the gymnasium. The gym teacher, Mrs. Kay, pick two people to be captains for dodge ball. And guess who those captains just happen to be. Knox Blake and Tiffany Winters-- the star cross lovers of Kennedy High-- great! Note my sarcasm.

"Jake!" Knox picks his right hand man first.
"Melody!" Tiffany picks her "BFF" first too.
And so on until it's me and some over weight girl. I hear Knox huff.
"Fine, you" he points at me "Hailey or what ever you name is." so I scurry over to his team.

"LET THE GAME BEGIN!!!" Mrs. Kay yells then blows her whistle. Almost instantly, I'm hit in the face and have to sit out. Well, in my case I had to walk down to the nurse's office because if my bloody nose. Stupid Tiffany. I thought She cleaned up my nose and called my brother down because it was my third time being in the clinic this week. 

I sit there quietly and then all of a sudden the door flies open and there stands my very worried brother, Alek King.
"Are you okay? What happened? Who did this to you?" my brother fires off as he pulls me up and into a hug.
"Alek, I'm fine and it was no one." I said hugging him back.
He pulled away and said "Harmonee, a bloody nose is not nothing."
I rolled my eyes and said  "Well, it is to me, it's nothing. I'm skipping the rest of the day. Wanna come? Or do I have to get Airabelle to come instead?"
"Har, I can't skip. I have practice." he replies.
I huff out a whatever, march past him and text Airabelle to meet me outside.

She replies instantly saying she can't because of some big test she has to take. So I go to my last resort, Jackson. I call him, knowing full well he has free period right now.

"Hey"
I get right to the point and say "Ditch with me."
"Sure" he agrees "Meet me by my truck." he says and hangs up. I look both ways before leavening the school and walk to the student parking instantly spotting his old beat up Ford truck. I walk over to it and pull out the keys he hides on the tire and open his door.

Five minutes later were pulling out and heading to his house. It's only a ten minute drive so I crank up the radio that's playing Scotty McCreery's new song See You Tonight, and sing along with my out of tune, very pitchy voice and Jackson does the same.