Chapter 9

Lucca was just as shocked as Eve that he had kissed her, making sure that it remained only a gentle lingering kiss and not a passionate embrace Lucca pulled away and pressed the call button so that the doctor would be informed that Eve had woken.
"I have paged the doctor, he wanted to be informed as soon as you woke up to check on you" Lucca kept his voice calm even though inside he wanted nothing more then to take her into his arms and make love to her over and over, Lucca knew he had it bad when even though Eve was in the hospital he still wanted her, he got tingles every time they touched, even dreamed of her.
"Oh uh ok" Eve had no idea what to say to Lucca, still in shock over the kiss they had just shared.

Not long after having pressed the call button the same doctor that had looked after them earlier walked through the door. He seemed to be in his late fortys with salt and peper hair and a kind smile, Eve definitely felt comfortable around this man, he reminded her of her Dad. He had had such kind eyes that relaxed you in a second, no matter where you were he made it feel like home. It was a complete change from her mother who would rather point out all the things that Eve had done wrong or how she had dressed that day, she was happy knowing that at least one of her parents had loved her, well at least shown it anyway.

"Hi there you two, Eve my name is Doctor Wilson. Good to see that you are awake Eve, this husband of yours has been like a bear with his foot in a trap the whole time you were out to it. Maybe now he will stop badgering our staff" Doctor Wilson joked, but Eve knew that is exactly what Lucca would have been doing. He would not have handled not being in control of the situation well, that was out of his comfort zone.

"Im sorry Doctor, that must have been an experiance for everyone" Eve said with a laugh, looking at Lucca who was playfully glaring their way. "So can I go home now?" She was eager to get out of there, hating hospitals since her parents death.

"I'm going to keep you in just for a few more hours until the I.V has finished, we want to get you re-hydrated as much as we can. It should hopefully make you feel much better by the time you wake up tomorrow. I am going to put you on bed rest for tomorrow, just so that your body can recuperate a little before going back to work, will you have someone home that can help you for the day?"

Not giving Eve a chance to reply Lucca jumped into the conversation "Yes I will make sure to be home, she will most definitely be resting."

"Ok great. I will be back in about two hours and check on you, the IV fluids should be done by then and if all is well you will be discharged" Doctor Wilson quickly left the room.

Three hours later Eve and Lucca made their way out of the hospital towards Lucca's waiting car. Realizing that it was now past 11 o'clock they both decided that it would be better to have his parents visit them tomorrow to show them she was alright.
It did not take long for Eve to fall fast asleep in Lucca's car, she was woken by Lucca gently gathering her into his arms to carry her inside, Eve knew she should let him know that she was now awake, but the feeling of his arms around her made Eve change her mind, wanting the chance to be in his arms and let her feelings out for just a minute, let herself feel safe and cared for. There were times when she was with Lucca that made her so sure that he felt the same about her. Maybe if she tried to seduce him or at least show him that they could have a future, he might develop feelings for her. What did she have to loose? She would need to tell him to ignore her stupid rules, she wanted a real marriage, one where they could have more children and tell each other they loved one another everyday. Eve never wanted to treat her children the same way that her mother treated her, never wanted to make them feel like they would never be good enough, to do that she needed Lucca to love her and her children to provide them with a happy and loving environment.

Deciding to start on her plan tonight, Eve felt herself be gently laid on a bed then the blankets cover her, as Lucca went to leave she grabbed onto his wrist stopping him

"Eve? Are you ok?"

"Yes Lucca I'm fine, but could you please stay? I don't want to sleep alone tonight after all that has happened"

"Sure mio amore, only if you are sure" Lucca sounded a bit apprehensive about it, but Eve knew he would do it if he knew that she felt scared. As he began removing his clothes Eve looked away a slight blush touching her cheeks as Lucca got down to his boxers. When she felt the bed dip down beside her Eve knew she had to start breaking down the walls that she had put around her heart, and start mending this relationship.

"Thank you Lucca. You don't know how much it means having you to help me, I was so scared that you might doubt it being your baby and I would be left alone. Or that you would want to take this baby from me. It means so much that we are doing this together" Eve turned to look at Lucca to find him watching her with an unreadable expression.

"You really thought that I would take this child away from it's mother? You think so little of me? I know that I threatened so to get you to marry me, but I didn't think that you would actually think that I would do so" Lucca's tone was harsh but Eve could hear the hurt in them as well.

"Yes but no, I was scared but when I saw your reaction when you heard about the baby I knew that I was being crazy. I'm sorry Lucca, honestly it was a five minute freak out, it was barely anything" Eve pleaded her case, wanting Lucca to understand that she had no doubts about him now.

"Good because I would never have my child grow up without their mother." Still seeing the hurt in Lucca's eyes Eve reacted without really thinking, she leaned over and gently kissed him.
Lucca's reaction was a little hesitant but was soon kissing her back, tracing his tongue along her bottom lip asking for entrance that Eve quickly gave him, soon finding herself with her back on the bed and Lucca hovering over her, careful not to put pressure on her body. The kiss was getting more and more heated before Lucca trailed kisses over her jaw and down her neck making Eve release a moan she never saw coming, but another one followed when Lucca's lips kissed the top swells of her breasts. His hands following his lips coming up to cup her. Which seemed to snap him back to reality because he soon stopped.

"Baby we shouldn't be doing this, you need your rest, you just got out of hospital" Lucca gave Eve one last peck on the lips before rolling off of her, but pulling her into his arms so they were cuddled together. "We can carry this on when I know that you are ok" He whispered in her ear before placing a small kiss to her neck.
It did not take long after that for Eve to drift off into a peaceful sleep cradled in Lucca's strong arms.

Hey Guys! Im sooooo sorry that its taken so long to update, but with xmas going on I just didnt have a chance, now with new years I wanted to post something to get through the rest of the holiday season so thats why its a bit short. Hope you like it. Pretty please comment and vote. I love reading all your comments

Love Amy XxX