Chapter 2

The rest of the work day went by silently with Eve going out of her way to not speak to Lucca. If there was something either of them needed it was contacted through email, Eve was still to pissed off to even look at him after the way he acted like a barbarian, trying to tell her what to do outside of the office. She needed to come up with a plan to make sure that he knew she still went out with Antonio tonight. She needed to make sure he knew that he could not control anything she did after the clock hit six o'clock unless it was work related.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Sitting in his office facing out his floor to ceiling window that covered the whole wall of his massive office, looking out at the breath taking view over New York, Lucca couldn't get the image of Eve with his brother out of his mind and it was driving him crazy! He had no idea where this sudden jealousy and possessiveness over his secretary had come from, but seeing her flirting with another man (even knowing that it was harmless) drove him insane. He had had to take several deep breathes to stop himself from marching over to the pair and throwing his womanizing brother out of the building.

"I need to get a grip, hmm maybe spending the night with Stacey will get my mind off my bombshell secretary" Lucca mused to himself. Still not ready to face Eve just yet he sent an email through to her asking to make reservations at Osteria Morini for two at eight o'clock, before making the call to Stacey to invite her, of course she quickly accepted.

Stacey O'Neil was his current fling. Never one to be in a serious relationship Lucca made sure the woman he got involved with knew it was only temporary and most of them took it on the chin. With all the relationships never lasting more then three months, six months at the most but that rarely occurs. With long blonde hair, striking green eyes and the body of a supermodel Stacey was a looker, especially with legs that any man would long to have wrapped around him, normally Lucca would be looking forward to meeting with her anticipating the events that would occur after the dinner, but today he wasn't quite sure he had made the right decision in taking her out. But when his mind started to return to his secretary with her slim waist and sexy curves he shut his mind off. "Snap out of it Lucca, she works for you, nothing can happen between the two of you" Lucca scolded himself. Deciding work would be the best distraction Lucca put his head down and got busy.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

After placing the call to make Lucca's dinner reservations, Eve knew exactly what her plan was going to be. Deciding to text Antonio instead of calling him to make sure that Lucca would not hear her plans. Not before feeling a pang in her heart over the fact that he was going out with another woman, she knew it would be a date with Stacey his current "girlfriend", in the four years that Eve had worked for Lucca she had constantly made date plans for him, and dealt with crazy ex's that would not handle Lucca ending things well, often having to put up with them crying down the phone or abuse when they thought it was Eve stopping them from being able to contact Lucca. Eve had never bated an eye when she had had to deal with this, but this time it felt like he had stabbed her in the heart. "I need to get a grip, he doesn't feel the same way Eve, suck it up" she repeated to herself over and over.

"Hey Hot stuff, don't know about you but I'm still up for dinner tonight if your interested?" She quickly typed sending the message before she could chicken out. Just as she was putting her phone back on her desk it went off signaling a text.

"What are you up to gorgeous? I can feel the scheming from here" Was Ant's reply

"Well after your brothers ridiculous outburst today, i want to prove to him that he cant control what occurs outside of this office, I don't want to cause trouble between the two of you though so if you don't want to be involved then that's ok"