Chapter 7: Awake at Dawn

“Wait a minute sire” Couragesonn interrupted and stood up “I. I mean we thought that we are not in this journey?”

“That was lately and things change as time goes” the High King answered then the twins looked at each other saying in their minds “Told yah” and all of the Guardians smiled including Couragesonn and so the prince took his seat again and said “Thank you sire.”

All then calmed themselves but the six lords, the queen and the general left the Dining Hall and the High King continued what he have to say “Your mission is to journey east.” Then the High King took something from his left pocket and placed it in the table. “This is the map of your journey to the Eastern Kingdom. Your journey takes at least two weeks before you reach the other side. I will be providing supplies for you such as your weapons and healing aids. I will also give you enough food and water to have in your journey, both for you and for your horses. Each will be given a horse to ride on. White will be for the twin kings, black will be for the Guardians and brown will be for the fives.”

“When will we start our journey father?” King Chev asked.

“At dawn. Also, food will be prepared for you all before you leave our premises.”

“Will there be a time deadline for us to complete our mission?” Achren interrupted, all (except the fives) looked at him for it was the very first time that he spoke like that.

“As soon as possible. We all know that the Eastern Kingdom is in grave danger now and little time it is before the East fall into complete destruction and even the whole world of Arphaenia will be in danger if this mission fails. As you enter the Eastern Kingdom, know who the enemies are, help the Prince Marcerius, save the people and regain peace in there. I do not know what you (at this time, he looked at the Guardians, particularly to his sons) know at this time and what knowledge that you have in yours” said the High King.

“We’ll do our best sire” answered Georgia and all smiled with her.

Until,

“What I am wondering is that why the Southern and the Northern Kingdoms do this dangerous task instead of us?” Sherllon asked.

“Because the Northern Kingdom and the Southern Kingdom doesn’t know of this yet. The parchment was received by I and only my Kingdom knows of this at this moment. Also, this task is for the Guardians and the newest five members of.... (At this moment, the high king paused a little and chuckled at the fives) Just think of a name. A task that you must not fail. I cannot go there or any of my men and the lords or the general for we also have to protect this kingdom in case Brycerion tries to attack again. I cannot also risk hundreds of soldiers to go there with you for they might ruin your mission. And remember that the Eastern Kingdom needs you in the earliest time that you can.”

“This couldn’t be a coincidence” said Galvinior.

“It isn’t for only now that we learned the dangers lying in the East and the prince seeks for help.”

“Should the Southern and the Northern Kingdom know of this too father?” asked Chevrius.

“They should know of this I reckon” interrupted Couragesonn “King Vilespiann and King Clive must know of this but we have no idea for their plans yet.”

“You are right there prince but this plan that you are worried of is my own to deal with” said High King Centaurion “I will deal with this plan together with King Clive and King Vilespiann.”

“Father” Charv interrupted “We’ve heard that you’ve said before that the Eastern Kingdom needs us in the earliest time, does this mean that you are going to give us a definite time for this mission?” he asked.

“One month” answered Centaurion.

“One month?!” all screamed.

“But father, you’ve told us ‘the earliest’..... Isn’t that a mistake or something?” asked Charv.

“Son, the mistake is for you all to reach the East from here in the West in just a week for the fastest will be 2 weeks. It’s also a mistake and impossible for you all to succeed in just 2 or 3 weeks, even for 4 weeks.”

“Which is a month equivalent to 4 weeks” said Briann.

“In the 3rd week of your journey, you must send me a message stating the status of your mission.”

“What if we fail to send a message to you sire?” asked Joshua.

“The answer is for me to know for now” answered the high king with a smile to Joshua.

“So if we send a message in the 3rd week, likely you will receive it in the 4th week sire” added Paulinne.

“Yes.” At this moment, there came a pause from everyone.

The conversation was done 30 more minutes after that pause but the twins stayed for another 10 minutes with their father in the Dining Hall and had a private chat. The fives (still unnamed) returned to their homes in the People’s Village so as the Guardians but that night, Couragesonn and Georgia are both in the Guardian’s Council Room and stayed there the whole night.

As the chat of the father and sons was finished, the twins (of course) rested in their room. Both could not sleep that night but both did not talk. Hours had passed and it was nearly 5 in the morning when a light glowed in the room of the twins that caused both to stand up from their bed.

“What is that?” began Charv.

“It’s coming from the bag” said Chev.

Chevrius looked at the bag (a small bag which is a pouch) and took the glowing thing inside. As he removed the glowing thing from the pouch, both stared with each other and said “the parchment” which was revealed as what they’ve said.

Chev read again this passage from the parchment given by King Clive years ago “In order to do that, I have put the map in back of this parchment but the map will only be visible in time and not all times, visible.” Then Chev turned the parchment from front to back and saw that the light is coming from the back of the parchment and there it revealed lines, coordinates, the woods and both said (again with each other at the same time) “The map!”

After what they’ve learned from the parchment, both changed their clothes quickly. They wore pants (NOT MODERN PANTS), shirt in the inside (white shirts), fine and light armours (but these are enough to protect them), boots, sword belt, gloves, an iron fist (1 for each, right hand for Chevrius while left hand for Charvrius), a cape (blue for Charv, red for Chev) and of course, their own swords. They’ve also packed their bags for their journey, there they put some portal beans in the small pocket and extra shirts in case they will need it, (while the foods will be carried by their horses). After they’ve changed their clothes from ordinary to armours (for battle), both quickly rushed to the Guardian’s Council Room.