Chapter 8: Taylor's House (Final Chapter)

Taylor’s House

Cassie POV

It’s Christmas and I have been cooking ever since yesterday. My kids won’t help me they have their own thing going on. So I prepared it all by myself. My son Rob wanted to open gifts already, but my son Anthony says no let’s wait for Katie which is my oldest daughter to come. I doubt if she comes she will fool me if she does.

“Smelling good in here ma.” Says my daughter Catherine aka Cat.

“Thanks darling. Can you hand me that pot holder over there?” I said letting down the stove, and getting out the mac & cheese.

“Mmm momma what you cooking?”

“Mac & Cheese, Greens, Caesar Salad, Italian chicken with Alfredo sauce, Turkey, Ham, Dressing, Potato salad, Green beans, Spanish rice, and for dessert we are having strawberry cheese cake and Apple pie.”

“Ohh mommy you making me hungry.”

“Hahaha. We are not eating until 1 or 2 o’clock so you better get your butt back in there.”

“Okay mom, but me a Fredrick is kind of hungry.”

“Well you two just going to have to wait aren’t you?”

“Whatever mama.” Cat says heading back to the living room.

My kids I tell you just got to love them.

Katie POV

Pri and I finally made it to my mom’s house.  Pri parked on the side of the road. I just stared at the house.

“Are you ready to go inside?” Says Pri

I looked at the house and then at her…

“Yeah…”

“Don’t worry Katie. Everything will be alright I am here with you.”

“Pri you don’t have to stay. I got this.”

“I was going to stay with you and just be there by your side…”

“I know, but you don’t have to Pri. I will be just fine.”

“But you said I could come with you.”

“I know I change my mind. Knowing my mother she probably wouldn’t like the idea bringing strangers to her home.”

“Well your mother needs help.”

I thought about what she said. Pri is a very great helper. I guess she can come with me.

“Fine Pri just don’t act up in front of my family.” I said opening the car door.

“Don’t worry I got you.” Pri says opening up her car door and getting out.

I got my things out the car and I told Pri how do I look she said I look beautiful. We headed towards the front door. I can hear chattering going on in the house. I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell waiting for someone to open the door.

“OMG!” I heard someone yelled

The door knob turn and the door opens and…

“KATIEEEEEEEEEEEE YOUR HEREE ITS ME ANTHONY!!!” He says giving me a big hug.

“Heyyyy Anthony it’s nice to see you!!!”

“It’s soooooo good to see you! I am so glad you came!”

“Anthony who is that,” Says my sister Cat… “OMG KATIEEEEEEE”

I was feeling the love from my sis and bro!